This guide describe step by step to import and run a sample application with derby service used, this is a JAX-RS template project. When you access this application, you will get some data displayed in your browser. These data were inserted into derby database first and then queried to display in browser.
Before do below steps, please make sure:
1. Install IBM/Oracle JDK 1.6/1.7
2. Install and config Eclipse 3.7.2 and ICAP IDE Tech Preview version.
3. Get sample code from attachment.
Import ICAPSampleDerby applicaiton to ICAP IDE
1. In Eclipse, ICAP Java Perspective > File > Import > ICAP Java > ICAP Java Archive File
3. Click Browser to select ICAPSampleDerby file
5. Double click project name ICAPSampleDerby from ICAP Explorer to open project overview page.
6. You will get a new project created in Eclipse.
Create Cloud Services and add it to ICAP Sample application
1. In Cloud Explorer view, right click Database Services > Derby v10.8 > Create Services, set value
a) Service name: SampleDerby
2. Right click SampleDerby, Add to Project > ICAPSampleDerby
Run this sample application
From project overview page, click Run this application button to launch this application.
Access sample application
Open any browser, access this application with http://localhost:8888/database, you will get page displayed