Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-06-06T17:00:32Z by spoonware
spoonware
spoonware
140 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Known problems with WEF 8.0 with RSA 8.5.1?

‏2013-06-06T12:50:14Z |

I have three development workstations at a customer site each with RSA for WebSphere Software 8.5.1 and WEF 8.0.0 installed.  In all of them we find that the Builder Call Editor is always blank any time we try to add a new builder call to a model.  If we open an existing builder call, we get a pop-up from RSA that contains this message:

An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
org/eclipse/swt/widgets/Shell.handle

Interestingly, if we edit the Window > Preferences > Experience Factory preferences so that we get builder calls inside the dialog boxes, what I call 'old school dialogs', we are able to add and edit builder calls.  So, yes, we can do work but the 'old school' way is so clunky and inconvenient that we would really like to solve this problem.

Any ideas about how to deal with this issue?

Spoon

Independent Contractor

• gsager
    gsager
    98 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Known problems with WEF 8.0 with RSA 8.5.1?

‏2013-06-06T14:12:26Z  in response to spoonware

This version of RSA  is not supported by this version of WEF.  They might have different versions of eclipse that they require and there are needed changes for WEF that are being done for the next release to support these eclipse changes.  The supported version of RSA is version 8.0 as noted here

www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27023896

There might be other things that do not work correctly in this version combination.

From the error message though this seems like this might be related to running RSA as a 64 bit application.  WEF currently only supports running in 32 bit mode.  So if these are 64 bit systems see if running this app in 32 bit mode fixes the issue.

• spoonware
      spoonware
      140 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Known problems with WEF 8.0 with RSA 8.5.1?

‏2013-06-06T17:00:32Z  in response to gsager

Thanks, Gary.  I'll pass it along.  I've moved off of RSA to straight Eclipse with WEF 8.0.0.2 and I'm having good results.

Spoon