Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-20T10:40:43Z by Joy_to_the_World
Joy_to_the_World
Joy_to_the_World
2 Posts

Pinned topic Simple script to record cpu, mem usage?

‏2013-04-28T06:33:18Z |

Hi,

AIX 6.2

I'm looking for a simple shell script that will run from cron and append this information to a given csv file -

timestamp,hostname,cpu_percent,process_mem_percent,system_mem_percent,fs_cache_mem_percent

However, it seems there's no simple command to achieve this. I've looked at svmon, nmon, perfpmr, memdetails.sh and so on.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks,

Joy

• nagger
    nagger
    1689 Posts

Re: Simple script to record cpu, mem usage?

‏2013-05-20T09:51:51Z  

The lack of an answer is telling you something, like it is a dumb (sorry) request like asking for a car that only has a Rev Counter. That would be silly too as you really do need to know the fuel in the tank and the MPH/KPH and a load more too.

Having just these stats available would be largely pointless especially as most people use Shared and Uncapped LPARs and the Utilisation does not allow you so see the CPU going over Entitlement.

And what would you be doing this the stat ! Tools like Ganglia or LPAR2rrd would present the stats on a website and deal with the transport and storing of the data and give it graphically.

I hope this helps, Nigel Griffiths.

• Joy_to_the_World
    Joy_to_the_World
    2 Posts

Re: Simple script to record cpu, mem usage?

‏2013-05-20T10:40:43Z  
    • nagger
    • ‏2013-05-20T09:51:51Z

The lack of an answer is telling you something, like it is a dumb (sorry) request like asking for a car that only has a Rev Counter. That would be silly too as you really do need to know the fuel in the tank and the MPH/KPH and a load more too.

Having just these stats available would be largely pointless especially as most people use Shared and Uncapped LPARs and the Utilisation does not allow you so see the CPU going over Entitlement.

And what would you be doing this the stat ! Tools like Ganglia or LPAR2rrd would present the stats on a website and deal with the transport and storing of the data and give it graphically.

I hope this helps, Nigel Griffiths.

Do not spam on my thread. If you don't have an answer and feel compelled to spam, take it elsewhere. And the bloatwares.