• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-09-02T00:41:41Z by e0594cn
e0594cn
e0594cn
5 Posts

Pinned topic Error when testing connection to DB2 server via CLI dirver

‏2014-08-22T10:35:59Z |
Hi,
When i try to using the below command to testing the connection to DB2 9.7.9 server from application server with CLI driver, it will come out the below error message:

1)command: db2cli validate -database pd1:sapdata:5912 -connect -user **** -passwd *****

2)Error:Connection to : pd1:sapdata:5912 
                           [ibm][CLI Drive] SQL1042C An unexpected system error occurred. SQLSTATE=58004
           Connect Status: failure

But if i copy the same CLI driver to another server to testing to connect the database server, it can connect using the same command. 
It means the database server is available for connecting.

So how can i troubleshoot this error due to i need this application sever to connect to the database server.

• mor
    mor
    507 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Error when testing connection to DB2 server via CLI dirver

‏2014-09-01T08:55:58Z  
    • e0594cn
    • ‏2014-09-01T06:55:58Z

Hi Mor,
    *The OS for my db2-client is windows 2003 R2 enterprise.
    *DB2 client version is 9.7.9 and the type is CLI driver.
    *The port is opened between db2-client and db2-server as i use the telnet command to test the connection from client and it is successful.
    *"Copy the CLI driver" mean i can use the same CLI driver on another server to testing the connection.
    * I can not find any info in the db2diag  log file from the client server.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Ensure your Windows-2003-Server-R2 is a SP2 or higher.

Since it works fine on one server, but fails on another - it is your job to discover the differences between the working server and the failing server. We cannot do that for you!

So - over to you - find the differences between the working and the failing environment, then eliminate those differences one by one ...

• mor
    mor
    507 Posts

‏2014-08-22T12:23:17Z  

What is the operating-system for your db2-client?  What is the db2 client version and type ?

Verify that the chosen port is opened between your db2-client and your db2-server instance, for example by using telnet or similar.

Not sure what you mean "copy the CLI driver", because what you should be doing is a proper installation of the chosen db2-client.

There might be more detail in the *client* db2diag.log if you are using an IBM provided db2-client

• e0594cn
    e0594cn
    5 Posts

‏2014-09-01T06:55:58Z  
    • mor
    • ‏2014-08-22T12:23:17Z

What is the operating-system for your db2-client?  What is the db2 client version and type ?

Verify that the chosen port is opened between your db2-client and your db2-server instance, for example by using telnet or similar.

Not sure what you mean "copy the CLI driver", because what you should be doing is a proper installation of the chosen db2-client.

There might be more detail in the *client* db2diag.log if you are using an IBM provided db2-client

Hi Mor,
    *The port is opened between db2-client and db2-server as i use the telnet command to test the connection from client and it is successful.
    *"Copy the CLI driver" mean i can use the same CLI driver on another server to testing the connection.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

• mor
    mor
    507 Posts

‏2014-09-01T08:55:58Z  
    • e0594cn
    • ‏2014-09-01T06:55:58Z

Hi Mor,

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Since it works fine on one server, but fails on another - it is your job to discover the differences between the working server and the failing server. We cannot do that for you!

So - over to you - find the differences between the working and the failing environment, then eliminate those differences one by one ...

• e0594cn
    e0594cn
    5 Posts

‏2014-09-02T00:41:41Z  
    • mor
    • ‏2014-09-01T08:55:58Z

Hi Mor,

thanks.

after referring to below link and it is working now.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IC79229