Topic
  • 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2015-03-02T05:46:50Z by NILAY97
ansmyke
ansmyke
79 Posts

Pinned topic Spanish characters from broker response fails to parse in Datapower

‏2013-12-29T22:33:53Z |

Hi Developers,

The issue is  the backend broker response contains some Spanish character  which fails in datapower  if response  type is selected as SOAP orXML. We changed the CodedCharSetId in broker from 819 to 1208 to prevent the processing exception in  broker which went well as planned.

When response type on DP is selected as non XML the header of  broker response message can be seen in DP probe.

broker is sending the soap response message with  <Encoding>546</Encoding><CodedCharSetId>1208</CodedCharSetId>

but datapower receives and replaces it with <Encoding>546</Encoding><CodedCharSetId>819</CodedCharSetId>.

With XML /SOAP response type on ws-proxy the message fails in DP on response rule.The error message we are getting in DP is;

illegal character 'N' at offset 1148 of WS-Proxy

Parse error

Example of spanish character from response message;

SEGÚN INDICACIÓN 

I have followed the technote;

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21409699 and tried the below code in response but got the same failure results;

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
xmlns:dp="http://www.datapower.com/extensions"
xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
xmlns:dpconfig="http://www.datapower.com/param/config"
extension-element-prefixes="dp"
exclude-result-prefixes="dp dpconfig">
<xsl:output  encoding="ISO-8859-1"  version="1.0" method="xml"/>
<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:copy-of select="." />
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Thanks,

Mayank

• ansmyke
    ansmyke
    79 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Spanish characters from broker response fails to parse in Datapower

‏2013-12-31T01:34:37Z  
    • HermannSW
    • ‏2013-12-30T18:52:26Z

Hi,

it seems that DataPower cannot parse the backend response.

Typical reason for this is response being broken XML (XML without xml declaration has default encoding UTF-8, so sending XML without an xml declaration in any encoding other than UTF-8 is likely to result in parse errors).

Best is if you fix your backend to not send Non-XML response.
    If that is not possible, then slide 6 of this WSTE webcast shows how DataPower can deal with that:
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27019119

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/> <myCE/> <myFrameless/>

Hi ,

Thanks for your input. I found a setting in DP which was messing with the Broker set  CodedCharSetId(CCSI). By default DP overwrites  CCSI value sent by backend by 819 this was causing the Spanish characters to be transformed into some symbols which was causing Parse error in datapower. I  turned off the particular setting under CCSI  option in QM and it is  passing through successfully now .

Mayank

• ansmyke
    ansmyke
    79 Posts

‏2013-12-29T22:37:39Z  

For more clarification;

The transaction type is  MQ request-response. The encoding and CodeCharSetId are set by  broker in MQMD header.

• HermannSW
    HermannSW
    4637 Posts

‏2013-12-30T18:52:26Z  
    • ansmyke
    • ‏2013-12-29T22:37:39Z

For more clarification;

The transaction type is  MQ request-response. The encoding and CodeCharSetId are set by  broker in MQMD header.

Hi,

Typical reason for this is response being broken XML (XML without xml declaration has default encoding UTF-8, so sending XML without an xml declaration in any encoding other than UTF-8 is likely to result in parse errors).

If that is not possible, then slide 6 of this WSTE webcast shows how DataPower can deal with that:

• ansmyke
    ansmyke
    79 Posts

‏2013-12-31T01:34:37Z  
    • HermannSW
    • ‏2013-12-30T18:52:26Z

Hi,

Hi ,

Thanks for your input. I found a setting in DP which was messing with the Broker set  CodedCharSetId(CCSI). By default DP overwrites  CCSI value sent by backend by 819 this was causing the Spanish characters to be transformed into some symbols which was causing Parse error in datapower. I  turned off the particular setting under CCSI  option in QM and it is  passing through successfully now .

Mayank

• MNM_Feb2015
    MNM_Feb2015
    2 Posts

‏2015-02-25T13:46:40Z  
    • ansmyke
    • ‏2013-12-31T01:34:37Z

Hi ,

Mayank

Hi Mayank,

What change you made in QM under CCSI ? This change is in MQ QM or DP QM object ?

Hermann,

You can also help me on this.

Thanks,

MNM

• NILAY97
    NILAY97
    222 Posts

‏2015-02-26T10:41:36Z  

Hi Mayank,

What change you made in QM under CCSI ? This change is in MQ QM or DP QM object ?

Hermann,

You can also help me on this.

Thanks,

MNM

The change Mayank made was in the Queue Manager object within DataPower. There is a tab called CCSI under QM in which a text box dentoes the value of CCSID.

I guess that's where a change was made from 819 to 1208. By default when creating MQ Queue Manager Objects on DataPower, the CCSID in DataPower MQ OM object settings defaults to value '819'.

Thanks,

Nilay

• cbaja
    cbaja
    38 Posts

‏2015-02-27T09:30:58Z  
    • NILAY97
    • ‏2015-02-26T10:41:36Z

The change Mayank made was in the Queue Manager object within DataPower. There is a tab called CCSI under QM in which a text box dentoes the value of CCSID.

I guess that's where a change was made from 819 to 1208. By default when creating MQ Queue Manager Objects on DataPower, the CCSID in DataPower MQ OM object settings defaults to value '819'.

Thanks,

Nilay

Hi Nilay,

Can you please let me know how to achieve the desired output if I intend to handle the character via my xslt. Also my backend service is over HTTP.

Thanks.

• MNM_Feb2015
    MNM_Feb2015
    2 Posts

‏2015-02-28T07:10:33Z  
    • NILAY97
    • ‏2015-02-26T10:41:36Z

Thanks,

Nilay

It worked for me... Thanks Nilay.

• NILAY97
    NILAY97
    222 Posts

‏2015-03-02T05:46:50Z  
    • cbaja
    • ‏2015-02-27T09:30:58Z

Hi Nilay,

Can you please let me know how to achieve the desired output if I intend to handle the character via my xslt. Also my backend service is over HTTP.

Thanks.

Cbaja,

What is the desired output you want to achieve? What error do you get when you run your xform?

Thanks,

Nilay