Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-10T01:52:51Z by RodrigoWBonatto
Hifzur!
Hifzur!
2 Posts

Pinned topic Open a external Application Page(JSP/Servlet) from FileNet Workflow Step (StepProcessor)

‏2013-06-18T04:53:40Z |

I have a requirement to open a external web page (.jsp)  from a FileNet Workplace Task Page. I have created a web application on my local machine and deployed on Tomcat Server. URL of this app is http://server name:8080/Workflow/UI/Hello.jsp

I designed a filenet workflow and registered a custom Step Processor(Java) on PCC and commit the changes. I have added the web application details in the PCC under step processor Info tab.

Step processor type is STEP. I have not done any entry in the Web Applications tab.

I am launching the workflow and and when I am opening the work item from the workplace, it is giving me a 404 error.

URL of this link is

getProcessor?processorType=step&queueName=Inbox&queueNameLocalized=Inbox&wobNum=7850555B1A02434D8772F7AB28434517&stepName=approve&stepProcId=7577','85967',f);w.focus();

I am not sure why this link is not having any details of my custom web application (i.e. http://server name:8080/Workflow/UI/Hello.jsp)

I have deployed this as a Web Application on my local machine on Tomcat server.

The same application is working fine when calling locally. BUt gives 404 error when calling from Task Page from Workplace

Do you have any idea what I m missing? Any documents that I need to follow.

Any help on this is really appreciated.

Updated on 2013-06-27T13:30:32Z at 2013-06-27T13:30:32Z by Hifzur!
  • Hifzur!
    Hifzur!
    2 Posts

Re: Open a external Application Page(JSP/Servlet) from FileNet Workflow Step (StepProcessor)

‏2013-07-02T13:54:21Z  

i have completed this.key was the entry in PCC in the web Application tab, Step processor tab and advanced tab of Web Application Tab.

Another key was to create the URL in the right format with queue name, step name,wob number etc

I will share the details later.

• RodrigoWBonatto
    RodrigoWBonatto
    1 Post

Re: Open a external Application Page(JSP/Servlet) from FileNet Workflow Step (StepProcessor)

‏2013-09-10T01:52:51Z  
    • Hifzur!
    • ‏2013-07-02T13:54:21Z

i have completed this.key was the entry in PCC in the web Application tab, Step processor tab and advanced tab of Web Application Tab.

Another key was to create the URL in the right format with queue name, step name,wob number etc

I will share the details later.

Hi there,

I'm planning to use the same approach using custom step processors with external web application. Can you please share some details on how did you get it working?

Thank you