Thambirajan
Thambirajan
11 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Unable to deploy Windows 2008 R2 Server pattern - SCO 2.2

‏2013-10-17T13:43:35Z |

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy Windows 2008 Server R2 into Openstack using SCO 2.2

I've created Windows 2008 Image as per the document. I installed virtu-win drivers in OS and disabled user account control.

I successfully registered that image in openstack using "glance image-create" command. And I registered this image in SCO.

However when i deploy this image by creating the pattern I'm getting the below problem. (In that pattern, only windows 2008 server image added, no other software packages or scripts added)

"Could not contact virtual machine over the network to verify initialization" while starting the Virtual Machine.

When I check manually in openstack, I'm not able to ping to that instance, even though that instance is ACTIVE state.

It says, host unreachable.

The same problem I'm getting for simple Cirros Image instance (I simply launched using nova boot)

I don't know what went wrong with the network.

I'm not able to find the proper log for this problem.

Could anyone help me to sort out this problem ?

I've attached log files(trace.zip, history.txt) for the reference.

Thanks,

Thambirajan. A

Attachments

Updated on 2014-01-16T12:25:20Z at 2014-01-16T12:25:20Z by TS@
  • rossella
    rossella
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Unable to deply Windows 2008 R2 Server pattern - SCO 2.2

‏2013-10-22T17:43:29Z  in response to Thambirajan

You need to extend the image via ICCT; once you've done it if the problem persists, you may want to log into the deployed image console (e.g. using virt-manager in case of KVM) and check the system is actually running.

Typical errors in Windows deployments are specifying a password that does not adhere to Windows rules or passing a non valid activation key

• Thambirajan
      Thambirajan
      11 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-24T06:12:00Z  in response to rossella

Hi Rossella,

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to extend the Windows Image through ICCT.

However, in the same time, in logs i'm always getting the below warning.

GetPropertyDa W com.ibm.ccs.openstack.shim.task.GetPropertyDataTask$GetPropertyDataContext safeGetConnection Problem while authenticating to tenant service as superadmin user admin. Ensure superadmin is a member of this tenant.

Could you tell me what exactly this error saying ?

I'm using "admin" as a user for logging in SCO. What does mean that "superadmin" ?

Thanks,

Thambirajan. A

• rossella
        rossella
        4 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-24T08:11:19Z  in response to Thambirajan

That message is just a warning to remind you, in case you have more than one tenant, that admin user should be part of all the defined tenants and should have admin role.

If the image has been successfully extended with ICCT and SCO is not able to successfully deploy it, the typical way to debug it is to do the following:

-check if you can start the image directly in OpenStack (i.e. nova boot --flavorid <your flavor> --image <<the image id you can grab from glance image-list> --nic <specify here the network id>. If the system is active in OpenStack try to log into the system either via remote desktop connection or hypervisor console and check the operating system is really active

-if the previous check worked, try to deploy the image via SCO and then log into the system via hypervisors and check if the system is up and check if the system is correctly configured (e.g. check it has the right IP address assigned as displayed in SCO UI)

• Thambirajan
          Thambirajan
          11 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-25T13:47:57Z  in response to rossella

Thanks Rosella.

I successfully deployed RHEL-6.3 image by extending with ICCT.

But for Windows, I'm getting some problem in ICCT while synchronizing.

While creating this Windows 2008 R2 Image (in my case its qcow2 format), I installed virtio driver for storage and created the image successfully. (Here, the network device works properly and it's intel ethernet driver )

Then, I registered this image in glance and Imported this image from ICCT to extend it.

But, when i synchronize this image, ICCT launches this image in virt-manager but it couldn't find the machine through network since the ethernet driver is not available. (I checked this manually by logging in). So, ICCT showing the status as "Waiting for starting VM" and after some time, it shows failed to start.

Even though I install this driver manually(after starting the synchronization, i logged into this instance manually in virt-manager),  it picked some Redhat driver instead of intel ethernet driver And it got installed successfully and got correct IP. But, the status in ICCT shows same and give the same error while synchronizing.

Can you please guide me to sort out this problem ?

Thanks,

Thambirajan. A