3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-09-18T11:00:23Z by jadtabet
jadtabet
jadtabet
8 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Guardium Collector Data Purge

‏2013-09-11T14:01:22Z |

Hello!

We are currently purging some old data on the collector, but it's taking way to long execute, and the database size seems almost always the same.

You can see purge is taking too much time that I am having overlapping jobs, as you can see in the attached pics.
Is there anyway to hasten the purge process, by some cli commands?

I only saw the grdapi set_purge_batch_size command, which I used to set the batchsize to 500k. It was 200k. I am yet to see a difference.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Jad.

• s.daoudi
    s.daoudi
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Guardium Collector Data Purge

‏2013-09-17T17:17:18Z  in response to jadtabet

Hi,

you can use this command : support clean DAM_data

for example:

support clean DAM_data full_details 2013-09-10 2013-09-17

• Adem_Celtik
    Adem_Celtik
    17 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-18T08:22:54Z  in response to jadtabet

Hi  Jad,

First of all, you should change the collector's export configuration. In the export config you should define a value for "Ignore older than=2". If you define "Export Data Older Than=1" and "Ignore older than=2", this means that collector would export the data for the day before. Otherwise the collector exports all data in its database to the aggregator,and it takes too long, and also the aggregator imports the same data over and over again. Your config also causes the full-filling in the aggregator.

On the other hand, I do not recommend you to clean the databases with the support clean DAM_data . It is dangerous, you should only use that  under the support engineer's guidance. 

Best Regards,

• jadtabet
      jadtabet
      8 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-18T11:00:23Z  in response to Adem_Celtik

Hi all

Thanks for the replies. 

@Adem, I had already applied what you suggested, seems it is working fine. will be monitoring it or a couple of days.

Thanks!

Jad.