Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-18T15:22:28Z by Linda_Alexander
Linda_Alexander
Linda_Alexander
31 Posts

Pinned topic Reference section tables

‏2013-07-16T19:31:14Z |

I'm working through the examples given in RMC help concerning User Defined Types.  I've been able to create my own types and modify existing types.  But stumbled when I got to the example for Reference Section tables.  Here is my snippet and I've highlighted the line I think is giving me trouble.  I get no error message, but when I openthe relationships tab in a work product, I am not presented witt any options to select from for States.  We do not use any of the IBM provided content, so I suspect this might be a type that is defined in the RUP content.  Can I define my own com.hon.rmc.state element and then define an attribute for the state choices?  Or am I totallly off base on thinking this is what the issue is.

<modifiedType id="org.eclipse.epf.uma.WorkProduct">
  <section id="WorkProduct.stats_and_resp" name="Work Product States" type="reference">
  <reference name="States" id="WorkProduct-states" publish="true">
   <valueType>com.ibm.rmc.state</valueType>
  </reference>
  <reference name="Actions" id="WorkProduct-actions" publish="true">
   <valueType>org.eclipse.epf.uma.Task</valueType>
  </reference>
  <table id="wp.Table_1" rowReference="WorkProduct-states"
   columnReference="WorkProduct-states"
   cellReference="WorkProduct-actions">
   <name>State Transition Table</name>
  </table> 
  </section>
 </modifiedType> 

Update July 17 - Creating my own version of com.ibm.rmc.state didn't work.  Or at least didn't work the way I implemented.

Updated on 2013-07-17T17:22:57Z at 2013-07-17T17:22:57Z by Linda_Alexander
  • Linda_Alexander
    Linda_Alexander
    31 Posts

Re: Reference section tables

‏2013-07-18T15:22:28Z  

More issues with UDTs.  Can't seem to get the opposite reference to work.  Does there have to be a corresponding modification to the target of the opposite reference?

Also, comments seem to be unacceptable in the UDT definition.  <!Comment-->  causes an error.  Since we will be doing several modifications would really like to document each of them and provide some spacing between.

Linda.