JBASkeen
JBASkeen
137 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic EGL Dedicated Service with AnyException in Parameter

‏2013-04-24T18:00:41Z |

RBD v8.5.1

EGL RUI

I recently created a RUI Handler that calls a DedicatedService when an exception occurs. The exception that I am currently forcing, for testing purposes, is a divide by zero. The DedicatedService appears to have an issue with receiving AnyException record as an incoming parameter. The error generated by the call is:

excp [type=egl.core.ServiceInvocationException, message=EGL1538E An exception occurred while calling a service.\nEGL0001I The error occurred in EGL Rich UI Proxy.]    
    messageID    "EGL1538E"    
    message    "EGL1538E An exception occurred while calling a service.\nEGL0001I The error occurred in EGL Rich UI Proxy."    
    source    1    
    detail1    "500"    
    detail2    "FAILED"    
    detail3    "com.ibm.javart.json.TokenMgrError:Lexical error at line 1, column 81.  Encountered: "C" (67), after : """    

All calls to the service will fail with the AnyException record as a parameter. Is this a bug or is actually valid? I am trying to pass the AnyException record to the service so that it can pull the message value and log it to db2. However, if this is a real limitation I could obviously move the value to a EGL record before calling the DedicatedService but I assmued this was possible and I cannot find any documentation that describes this limitation.

Thanks,

James