Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-13T11:21:06Z by GerardoMG
Pathogen67
Pathogen67
27 Posts

Pinned topic Not extract hidden fields

‏2013-04-21T18:30:35Z |

Hi, when extracting a screen of data, is there any way NOT to extract hidden fields? Seems some of them come back with values when they are extracted and don't want that. 

Thanks very much!

• tmparker
    tmparker
    518 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Not extract hidden fields

‏2013-04-25T17:19:53Z  

Anyone have an answer to this please? I know I must just be missing something easy...

Unfortunately no. When you extract text from the screen we use the text plane.  The hidden data is still present in the text plane; however, when you see it on screen the hidden field attribute is present which is why it is not visible.  The data is still there so the extract will return it.

• Pathogen67
    Pathogen67
    27 Posts

‏2013-04-24T21:34:26Z  

Anyone have an answer to this please? I know I must just be missing something easy...

• tmparker
    tmparker
    518 Posts

‏2013-04-25T17:19:53Z  

Unfortunately no. When you extract text from the screen we use the text plane.  The hidden data is still present in the text plane; however, when you see it on screen the hidden field attribute is present which is why it is not visible.  The data is still there so the extract will return it.

• Pathogen67
    Pathogen67
    27 Posts

‏2013-04-25T17:23:24Z  
    • tmparker
    • ‏2013-04-25T17:19:53Z

Thanks Tim! I looked into using "extract all" then choosing the fields I wanted to extract but there are 248 of them just on this one screen and most of them have no names... :-(

• GerardoMG
    GerardoMG
    33 Posts

‏2013-06-13T11:21:06Z  

Thanks Tim! I looked into using "extract all" then choosing the fields I wanted to extract but there are 248 of them just on this one screen and most of them have no names... :-(

Write a custom widget that inherits from whatever widget you are using now, and have your custom widget check ".isHidden()" on the FieldComponentElement.