Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-08T20:13:47Z by swkim90049
lesleyajohnson76
lesleyajohnson76
126 Posts

Pinned topic Can you show only attachments related to a record?

‏2013-07-01T14:12:14Z |

Hi, In SCCD7.5, is there a way that when you "view attachments" from the attachments icon you only see a list of those attachments created for that specific record, not a list of all attachments created in that application?

Thank you in advance,

Lesley Johnson

• SASHULL
    SASHULL
    404 Posts

Re: Can you show only attachments related to a record?

‏2013-07-02T01:07:25Z  

Lesley,

Attachments out of the box only display for that record or related records. For example, a Work Order would display attachments for that work order, children work orders, and PM attachments for instance (in addition to other related tables). Because of that, I'm slightly confused as to what you're asking because it makes it seem like in your system it's showing say All Work Order Attachments instead of just Attachments for one Work Order (or their related tables).

How the Attachments are determined that will be visible is on the main object (like WORKORDER) in Database Configuration there is a relationship to the DOCLINKS table. This will determine all Attachments you see from the View Attachments dialog. You could modify this to include fewer related records if that's what you determine is proper for your system.

• lesleyajohnson76
    lesleyajohnson76
    126 Posts

‏2013-07-02T22:32:50Z  
    • SASHULL
    • ‏2013-07-02T01:07:25Z

Lesley,

Attachments out of the box only display for that record or related records. For example, a Work Order would display attachments for that work order, children work orders, and PM attachments for instance (in addition to other related tables). Because of that, I'm slightly confused as to what you're asking because it makes it seem like in your system it's showing say All Work Order Attachments instead of just Attachments for one Work Order (or their related tables).

How the Attachments are determined that will be visible is on the main object (like WORKORDER) in Database Configuration there is a relationship to the DOCLINKS table. This will determine all Attachments you see from the View Attachments dialog. You could modify this to include fewer related records if that's what you determine is proper for your system.

Sashull,

Thanks for your advice. I appreciate it. We have created a custom PO object and application in the designer and placed an attachments icon on that custom form. When the user clicks on it and selects, "view attachments", it shows all the attachments that have been created for that object, not just that record. I will try to modify the relationship.

Thanks again,

Lesley

• swkim90049
    swkim90049
    407 Posts

‏2013-07-08T20:13:47Z  

Sashull,

Thanks for your advice. I appreciate it. We have created a custom PO object and application in the designer and placed an attachments icon on that custom form. When the user clicks on it and selects, "view attachments", it shows all the attachments that have been created for that object, not just that record. I will try to modify the relationship.

Thanks again,

Lesley

Maybe a query like this will help you...

SELECT 
    po.ponum, po.description, di.urlname, dl.document, dl.ownerid
    FROM docinfo di
     join doclinks dl on dl.document = di.document
     join po on dl.ownerid = po.poid
    where dl.ownertable = 'PO';