Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-09T22:12:07Z by Sunorth
CBS3_Ian_Wilson
CBS3_Ian_Wilson
15 Posts

Pinned topic Content Engine Performance Counters

‏2013-07-09T21:08:22Z |

Does anybody have any information about CE performance counters. I came across the following:

"On Windows servers, Content Engine provides counters that enable you to monitor system performance using any Windows-compatible performance monitoring utility.

the Performance Monitoring utility lets you choose counters for the Content Engine components that you want to monitor. This enables you to view activity on your Content Engine server in real time."

Windows Performance Monitor

I'd like to collect some information out of FileNet P8 (i.e. User logon / logoff activity), and these CE counters may well do the job.  Unfortunately, there seems to be no information about them, other than that infocenter page above.

I know most people will respond by suggesting using FSM, or IBM System Dashboard for ECM, but I've spent a lot of time researching this, and those add-on products seem to be a case of using a sledge hammer to crack a nut.  If possible, I'd rather avoid this.

I've also considered using the PE eventlog, which does contain this. Unfortunately, a lot of our users don't use the PE at all.

So, is it possible to collect user logon/logoff data without using these addOns?

• CBS3_Ian_Wilson
    CBS3_Ian_Wilson
    15 Posts

Re: Content Engine Performance Counters

‏2013-07-09T21:09:56Z  

I also meant to mention that I ran the Windows Performance Monitoring utility on the CE machine, but it contains no counters for the CE.

• Sunorth
    Sunorth
    16 Posts

Re: Content Engine Performance Counters

‏2013-07-09T22:12:07Z  

I also meant to mention that I ran the Windows Performance Monitoring utility on the CE machine, but it contains no counters for the CE.

I don't think you have another choice. FSM is complex and not free, but Dashboard should be okay for you, it is simple to use, not sure why you don't like it.