Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-21T09:27:37Z by XiaoBin/Jerry
clausweiss
clausweiss
45 Posts

Pinned topic Debugging of EGL soap service causing error egl.core.Syslib not found

‏2013-07-15T21:24:56Z |

Hi folks, I am using a SOAP service that implements the EGL CALL op code to invoke an RPG program on IBM i.

I am using the CALLLink in the build descriptor to point to the program. This works very nicely.

However we are writing an article on debugging using the Eclipse debugger and Service Entry Points on IBM i

I thought it would be great if we could show an end to end debugging scenario , EGL RUI, EGL service and IBM i RPG program all using the Eclipse debugger to check the code running on each level.

Unfortunately I get an error when debugging the EGL service, I am getting the following error.

Could not find the part named egl.core.SysLib. Check that its project was successfully

built.

I can debug the RUI and I can also debug the RPG program, the EGL SOAP service is causing the problem.

Anybody out there who has an idea what is missing in this scenario?

I am using RBD 8.0.1.5 and

I am running the service in TOMCAT 6.0 with EGL debugging support and I am running it in debugging mode.

As I mentioned above this is just happening when using source code in the Interface Mapping dialog not when using the deployed version.

Any help is very much appreciated

Claus

• XiaoBin/Jerry
    XiaoBin/Jerry
    14 Posts

Re: Debugging of EGL soap service causing error egl.core.Syslib not found

‏2013-08-21T09:27:37Z  

Hi Claus,

It sounds like a defect, could you open a PMR and attach a small project which can reproduce this issue to IBM?

Thanks

-Xiaobin