Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-28T10:09:30Z by Alaa Ali
Alaa Ali
Alaa Ali
14 Posts

Pinned topic Building Blocks not working

‏2013-10-27T11:04:06Z | blocks building matching not rules working

Did anyone face an issue where building blocks are not working? They're not matching/catching any events (i.e. no events are being tagged with this building block).

I created a building block of "and where QID is this, and this, and this". To verify that it's actually working, I usually go to the Log Activity tab > Add Filter > Custom Rule, and pick the building block. It's not showing any events. I can do this on another building block, and it works just fine (it shows me what's matching this building block).

Even if I go into the events (the QIDs) that I'm trying to catch, the building block is not mentioned in the "Custom Rules" or "Custom Rules Partially Matched" sections in the event window.

I tried changing from "Local System" to "Global System", but it's not working either. I tried changing the name of the building block, thinking that it might be a bug with some characters, but it's not working either. Weirdly though, when I change the name of the building block, then go and apply the filter in Log Activity, then name of the building block under "Current Filters" is not updated and still displays the old name.

• Nikodim
    Nikodim
    11 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Building Blocks not working

‏2013-10-28T07:52:17Z  

Add your new custom BB to the "System: Load Building Blocks" rule, it should work then.

• Nikodim
    Nikodim
    11 Posts

‏2013-10-28T07:52:17Z  

Add your new custom BB to the "System: Load Building Blocks" rule, it should work then.

• Alaa Ali
    Alaa Ali
    14 Posts

‏2013-10-28T10:09:30Z  
    • Nikodim
    • ‏2013-10-28T07:52:17Z

Hmm. That's weird. It worked. How come I don't have to add all my other BBs.

EDIT: Oooh-kaay. A BB has to be part of a rule in order for it to be "activated". If it's just created without being added to a rule, it's useless. My other BBs were parts of rules, that's why they were working.

Thanks Dmitry!