Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-07-24T12:09:25Z by J_i_m
J_i_m
J_i_m
2 Posts

Pinned topic Share Migration Advisor ignored warnings

‏2012-07-20T17:29:18Z |
Can one share the list of ignored warnings with others also porting the same code, so that
people don't needlessly look at the same issues ?

Thanks...
Updated on 2012-07-24T12:09:25Z at 2012-07-24T12:09:25Z by J_i_m
  • Bill_Buros
    Bill_Buros
    190 Posts

Re: Share Migration Advisor ignored warnings

‏2012-07-21T17:55:04Z  
    Is there a context for this question?      

Sounds like you might need a page (or something like that) for frequently seen warnings from the new IBM SDK Migration Advisor?

Certainly if there's a particular project being worked, you could create a special page here on the PowerLinux community to capture the progress and standard findings of large projects.

I haven't used the Migration Assistant yet, so others may have better ideas on what to share or recommend. 

• wainersm
    wainersm
    8 Posts

‏2012-07-23T20:01:11Z  
     Hi James,

Currently the SDK migration advisor doesn't allow to shared across users neither found warnings nor the list of ignored ones. However, it seems a good feedback and we will consider that usage scenario in upcoming versions of the migration advisor.

Please, let us know any other feedback for the SDK. I appreciated your post.
  • J_i_m
    J_i_m
    2 Posts

‏2012-07-24T12:09:25Z  
    • wainersm
    • ‏2012-07-23T20:01:11Z
     Hi James,

Currently the SDK migration advisor doesn't allow to shared across users neither found warnings nor the list of ignored ones. However, it seems a good feedback and we will consider that usage scenario in upcoming versions of the migration advisor.

Please, let us know any other feedback for the SDK. I appreciated your post.

Thanks. 
    Such a feature would indeed be useful for us since we have a small team all looking at the same source - and thus all getting (and possibly working on) the same warnings.

At least I know I'm not overlooking the feature somewhere...