• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-16T11:28:13Z by OttoDiesel
Atif Abbas
Atif Abbas
2 Posts

Pinned topic Change Recognition Properties or Make it Dynamic

‏2013-10-14T12:23:03Z |

Dear Support Team,

Currently I'm using trial version of RFT for PowerBuilder v12.5 application. During recording when we save one windows information it generate a string (unique auto generated) for variable and use it for reference to store all other information from other windows and tabs . Currently RFT use this in Object Map for reference and when we playback the script, it fails as value of the variable changes from recorded value. I am unable to change recognition properties so that during playback it does not match above variable 'Business Partner ID'.

I need to know how I can change the recognition property so that during playblack RFT skip the matching of this value or how can I make this dynamic so that whenever during playback RFT save the information it get the unique value each time.

Your prompt response will really help me a lot, thank you in advance. In case any other details required, do let me know.

Regards,

Atif Abbas

• OttoDiesel
    OttoDiesel
    51 Posts

Re: Change Recognition Properties or Make it Dynamic

‏2013-10-15T10:28:03Z  

Can you use regular expressions in the test object map for the testobject which has dynamic property values?

• Atif Abbas
    Atif Abbas
    2 Posts

‏2013-10-15T12:13:54Z  

Can you use regular expressions in the test object map for the testobject which has dynamic property values?

No, I don't. Can you please help me how and where i can use regular expression for this issue. It's format is as below:

STRING#####

##### is next available ID in database.

• OttoDiesel
    OttoDiesel
    51 Posts

‏2013-10-16T11:28:13Z  

No, I don't. Can you please help me how and where i can use regular expression for this issue. It's format is as below:

STRING#####

##### is next available ID in database.

In the test object map tool of RFT it shows you the attributes and values by which RFT recognizes testobjects.

You can convert a value to a regular expression in that test object map tool. Then you can set a value like "STRING.*" in order to make it dynamic.

I hope that works for your problem.