• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-20T12:19:48Z by RISHIVEMAL
RISHIVEMAL
RISHIVEMAL
8 Posts

Pinned topic Dynamic update of records added in list view

‏2013-09-18T15:27:06Z |

Hi,

I have a form where I have added list view to add stateless record by clicking on Add button. When ever I add a record, it is not listed in the form view. I can see the record only saving and reopening the record. Is there way to see the added stateless record dynamically so that in the list view?

• GlennSkinner
    GlennSkinner
    58 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Dynamic update of records added in list view

‏2013-09-19T15:26:48Z  

I use 7.1.2.02. I use windows client.

I need a little clarification, are you saying:

1) When you click on the add button, and select a stateless record, the stateless record is not visible in the list view box until you save and re-open?

or

2) You have a record open and you create an additional stateless record, for example in another user session, and that new stateless record is not visible in the choicelist until you save and re-open?

If your answer is 1, I tested in 7.1.2.11 When I select a stateless record, it is visible in the list view box. If this is your issue, you should consider upgrading.

If your answer is 2, this is a limitation. It was opened as an APAR, PK45625. The APAR was closed with an explanation that it was working as designed. There is no mechanism to detect the creation of the new stateless record and thus trigger an update.

Glenn

• GlennSkinner
    GlennSkinner
    58 Posts

‏2013-09-18T16:39:50Z  

Hi

What version of clearquest and which client are you using? There have been a couple APARs dealing with reference lists not refreshing. Two that come to mind are:

PM64420 which was fixed in 8.0.0.7

and

PK84991 which was fixed in 7.1.1

Glenn

• DonaldN
    DonaldN
    279 Posts

‏2013-09-19T00:29:41Z  

I have a feeling that you are using the CQWeb client. In this case, make sure that the list view is "web dependent" on the button (or whatever the form control that brings the change).

• RISHIVEMAL
    RISHIVEMAL
    8 Posts

‏2013-09-19T08:49:13Z  

Hi

What version of clearquest and which client are you using? There have been a couple APARs dealing with reference lists not refreshing. Two that come to mind are:

PM64420 which was fixed in 8.0.0.7

and

PK84991 which was fixed in 7.1.1

Glenn

Updated on 2013-09-19T08:55:18Z at 2013-09-19T08:55:18Z by RISHIVEMAL
  • GlennSkinner
    GlennSkinner
    58 Posts

‏2013-09-19T15:26:48Z  

1) When you click on the add button, and select a stateless record, the stateless record is not visible in the list view box until you save and re-open?

or

2) You have a record open and you create an additional stateless record, for example in another user session, and that new stateless record is not visible in the choicelist until you save and re-open?

If your answer is 1, I tested in 7.1.2.11 When I select a stateless record, it is visible in the list view box. If this is your issue, you should consider upgrading.

If your answer is 2, this is a limitation. It was opened as an APAR, PK45625. The APAR was closed with an explanation that it was working as designed. There is no mechanism to detect the creation of the new stateless record and thus trigger an update.

Glenn

• RISHIVEMAL
    RISHIVEMAL
    8 Posts

‏2013-09-20T12:19:48Z  

or

Glenn

Thanks a lot for your reply Glenn. My situation is with option 1. I will see if I can upgrade to 7.1.2.11. 

Thanks again.

--Vimal

Updated on 2013-09-20T12:19:54Z at 2013-09-20T12:19:54Z by RISHIVEMAL