Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-03-13T16:53:07Z by dlStickler
dlStickler
dlStickler
22 Posts

Pinned topic Identity column attributes missing from QSYS2 registry

‏2014-03-12T11:39:25Z |

We have several IBMi's on our network.  After updating one of our boxes to 7.1 the identity columns were missing from the registry for one of the boxes and therefore from its HA box.  

Are we missing a PTF on that box?  How can our software be working correctly?  There is no logic in the code to "one up" the number, the software assumes the database is taking care of this logic.

• krmilligan
    krmilligan
    450 Posts

Re: Identity column attributes missing from QSYS2 registry

‏2014-03-12T21:10:59Z  

Are you saying that the row in QSYS2.SYSCOLUMNS for a particular column no longer show any of the identity attributes being set after upgrading to 7.1?  If so, that sounds like a defect that should be raised with IBM Support.

• dlStickler
    dlStickler
    22 Posts

‏2014-03-13T11:27:49Z  

Are you saying that the row in QSYS2.SYSCOLUMNS for a particular column no longer show any of the identity attributes being set after upgrading to 7.1?  If so, that sounds like a defect that should be raised with IBM Support.

Yes.  That is what was going on.  We did get IBM on the support line yesterday and with some commands were able to get down to the bottom of it.  The xref was corrupted and needed to be rebuilt.  Simple enough.  We have the HA box to get an idea of the dedicated down time.

So, my next question is I've seen the db get corrupt in "other" DB engines--part of the maintenance as a DBA, but not in DB2.  Should that be part of the job?  If so, how often?  Weekly?  Monthly?  Daily?

• krmilligan
    krmilligan
    450 Posts

‏2014-03-13T13:46:58Z  

Yes.  That is what was going on.  We did get IBM on the support line yesterday and with some commands were able to get down to the bottom of it.  The xref was corrupted and needed to be rebuilt.  Simple enough.  We have the HA box to get an idea of the dedicated down time.

So, my next question is I've seen the db get corrupt in "other" DB engines--part of the maintenance as a DBA, but not in DB2.  Should that be part of the job?  If so, how often?  Weekly?  Monthly?  Daily?

This is a a rare occurrence with DB2 for i, so it's not something I would check on a regular basis.  Maybe, it's something you add to the checklist to verify after an upgrade or recovery of a database.

• dlStickler
    dlStickler
    22 Posts

‏2014-03-13T16:53:07Z  

This is a a rare occurrence with DB2 for i, so it's not something I would check on a regular basis.  Maybe, it's something you add to the checklist to verify after an upgrade or recovery of a database.

Thank you very much.  We shall certainly add to both lists.