Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-19T19:09:58Z by kevintap
jhagel
jhagel
18 Posts

Pinned topic Use Ephox EditLive as rich text editor in WEF?

‏2013-06-19T13:58:13Z |

Hello,

in WCM v7 (Web Content Management) you can use Ephox EditLive as rich text editor. Is it possible to use/integrate this rich text editor in my own WEF portlet projects? How can I achieve this or is this not allowed due to any license restrictions?

Kind regards

Jens Hagel

• mburati
    mburati
    2561 Posts

Re: Use Ephox EditLive as rich text editor in WEF?

‏2013-06-19T19:03:48Z  

Jens,

For licensing questions, you should contact your official sales or support contact, as anything posted in a volunteer public forum like this should probably taken as "opinion" and not fact..  I am not aware of any licensing that allows use of that editor in custom portlets, but I am not in sales, support or legal, so again, it's best to contact an official representative to find out for sure.

If you were able to get licensing support for it,  then WEF basically generates HTML markup, CSS and JS, so if you were able to get the licensing AND info on how to use it wrt those standards, then in theory you may be able to leverage it in a custom portlet.

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati 
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.
  • kevintap
    kevintap
    747 Posts

Re: Use Ephox EditLive as rich text editor in WEF?

‏2013-06-19T19:09:58Z  
    • mburati
    • ‏2013-06-19T19:03:48Z

Jens,

For licensing questions, you should contact your official sales or support contact, as anything posted in a volunteer public forum like this should probably taken as "opinion" and not fact..  I am not aware of any licensing that allows use of that editor in custom portlets, but I am not in sales, support or legal, so again, it's best to contact an official representative to find out for sure.

If you were able to get licensing support for it,  then WEF basically generates HTML markup, CSS and JS, so if you were able to get the licensing AND info on how to use it wrt those standards, then in theory you may be able to leverage it in a custom portlet.

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati 
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.

While possibly not as feature rich as the Ephox editor, WEF does include support for a dojo-based rich text editor.  The Dojo Rich Text Editor builder provides access to this functionality in the Dojo feature set.