Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-08-27T06:48:05Z by Prakash D
Prakash D
Prakash D
5 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Portal top level page is not appeared when I click any link in portlet

‏2014-08-26T09:07:39Z |

I have three links in portlet; each links open separate page within the portlet. But whenever I click links(there is no issue at only first time) to open the page, it opens the portlet page without Portal server page. All portal navigation vanished and only it shows portlet page. If  I run as stand alone model it is working fine. When I access as as portlet then mentioned issue is coming. Please find the attached sample model and screenshot. Thanks in advance. If you help it would help me to add ux to my app.

Attachments

• mburati
    mburati
    2542 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Portal top level page is not appeared when I click any link in portlet

‏2014-08-26T14:19:35Z  in response to Prakash D

I've only had time to take a quick skim through the models and didn't spot anything immediately, but here's some info that may help:

- When running as a portlet there is a single "current" portlet page that it will re-render when the portal sends it a render request so make sure you're not rendering other pages in your app via processPage that may confuse what is the "current" portlet page (running standalone you can do multiple process pages without having that problem, but as a portlet there should be one "current" page as processed last via processPage.

- Check the browser debugger console for any JS errors when the issue occurs (you may need to set the "persist" checkbox if something is causing an additional http request and full page refresh, so you don't lose the original error if there is one).

- Try to use Smart Refresh / default refresh rather than refresh specified page location since the latter is hard to get right in all cases with all nested markup etc.

- Make sure you don't have any duplicate id attribute values in your html (id attributes should be unique).

- This is a discussion forum loosely monitored by volunteers when they have time, but not an official "support" forum with guaranteed time on your issue.  If this is a blocking issue for your project, please contact customer support and open a PMR to get someone to spend some dedicated time helping you diagnose and debug the issue, if the above doesn't help you resolve the problem yourself.

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati 
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.
    • mburati
      mburati
      2542 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-26T15:19:16Z  in response to mburati

One more quick observation from your archive.

- The archive contains artifacts that shipped with the feature pack for WEF 8003, and when you import, it's best to not overwrite anything that's part of WEF core support so most people will say no to all on overwrite on import of another's archive.

- The model's appear to depend on a modified copy of mobile_devicetype_base profile set which I chose not to overwrite since it's a core part of WEF mobile support.   Rather than modify a core WEF component it's better to make a copy of it and then add your additional custom profile entries to that custom copy of the profile set so that (a) it won't be an issue when someone else tries to import it and (b) it won't get overwritten when you apply a WEF fixpack / APAR fix or upgrade to a newer version.

The Link builders for toggling the display are specifying a specific page location for refresh.   I suggest trying the default smart refresh for those to see if it helps.

I hope that info helps,
      ..Mike Burati 
      The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.
  • Prakash D
    Prakash D
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-27T06:48:05Z  in response to Prakash D

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Let me go through your suggestions and update me the same.