I'm migrating LUNs from an SVC (v6.2) to V7000 (V6.4).
According to the guidelines provided by IBM I need to run a migratetoimage command on the SVC.
When I run this command does the source disk need to be unmapped from the host or can I run the command whilst the host is updating the source disk?
Here's the process IBM have provided me with:
- SVC Create the V7000 as a host
- V7000 Create the required storage pool(s) of mdisks
- V7000 Create the SVC as a host
- V7000 Create replica sized volumes matching the vdisks currently presented via the SVC
- V7000 Present the vdisks to the SVC
- SVC Export vdisks to Image Mode for the volumes created on the V7000. Use the SVC CLI command "migratetoimage".
- Host Upgrade SDDDSM driver
- Host Shutdown
- SVC Remove vdisk mapping to host
- V7000 Remove V7000 VDisk mapping to SVC
- V7000 Map V7000 volume to same LUN number on host
Host Start up host
Amend SAN boot parameters if necessary
Confirm via datapath query's that the relevant drives and paths are connected to the host via the V7000