Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-06-12T23:03:03Z by H07E_Patrick_McCabe
H07E_Patrick_McCabe
H07E_Patrick_McCabe
5 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Liberty and WebSeal Integration using TAI++

‏2013-06-04T18:19:12Z |

As the title says, is it possible to integrate liberty with Webseal using TAI++.  If so, is there some example configurations available anywhere ?

Thanks

• kark
    kark
    26 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Liberty and WebSeal Integration using TAI++

‏2013-06-04T19:15:16Z  in response to H07E_Patrick_McCabe

There is no official TAI++ implementation to integrate with WebSeal in the Liberty profile. However, you should be able to write your own TAI++ implementation. I am not aware of any public sample TAI++/WebSeal  implementation.

--Ajay

• H07E_Patrick_McCabe
      H07E_Patrick_McCabe
      5 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-05T11:19:58Z  in response to kark

We are currently using TAI++ with our WAS ND servers which uses com.ibm.example.tai.XTai  and has a bunch of properties associated with it.  I'm assuming that I could use the same class for liberty.

Assuming that is the case, Is there some configuration examples anywhere which I could use as a reference ? 

Thanks

• kark
        kark
        26 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-05T16:45:59Z  in response to H07E_Patrick_McCabe

Information about how to configure TAI in the Liberty profile is in the Infocenter. For the 8.5 version, see  http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v8r5/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.websphere.wlp.nd.doc%2Fae%2Ftwlp_sec_tai.html

Regarding the TAI that you are using for WAS ND, I would need more details to confirm  (for eg, it should work if all it is using are they the public APIs supported in Liberty). Is this TAI provided by IBM?  I could not find any reference to it.

--Ajay

• H07E_Patrick_McCabe
          H07E_Patrick_McCabe
          5 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-12T23:03:03Z  in response to kark

Thanks for the link. The TAI that we are using was something provided to us by IBM.It contains 2 classes with the below  signatures.  I'm not entirely sure what they do, but I'm hoping to find the time to try it out this week. 

public class XTai extends TAMETai    implements TrustAssociationInterceptor

public class TamBinaryToken    implements BinarySecurityToken, Externalizable