Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-28T12:17:59Z by Dragos.Cojocari
CJane
CJane
64 Posts

Pinned topic I need "insertOLEs" macro

‏2013-06-27T16:27:11Z |

[I posted this request at the end of another long thread but am reposting it as its own thread.]

I've set the value for  the property "OLEs as static images" to false in the specification metadata so RPE outputs the original version of each graphic instead of the OLE object version.

However, if I understand the User Guide correctly (pp. 62-63 of the RPE User Guide for release 1.1), even though I'm outputting the original graphics, I still need the "insertOLEs" macro to ensure that the Word document remains self-contained as it travels from one user's computer to another.

Dragos, can you send me this macro? I've checked with the corporate office that handles the RPE license assigned to me and they either don't have or can't locate the macros provided w/ RPE.

I already have a post-RPE macro that among other things updates the fields, so that issue is taken care of.

• Dragos.Cojocari
    Dragos.Cojocari
    1654 Posts

Re: I need "insertOLEs" macro

‏2013-06-28T12:15:07Z  

Hey Jane,

the macro ships with RPE in the rpe.dot file . You can find that file in the RPE installation folder in the utils/word subfolder. To have RPE run it you need to specify the full path to rpe.dot in the stylesheet property of the Word output and then specify rpe as the value of the macro.  I recommend using the "rpe" macro instead of the "insertOLEs" one as "rpe" also updates the table of contents.

See the attached image for more details.

Regards,

Dragos

Attachments

Updated on 2013-06-28T12:16:00Z at 2013-06-28T12:16:00Z by Dragos.Cojocari
  • Dragos.Cojocari
    Dragos.Cojocari
    1654 Posts

Re: I need "insertOLEs" macro

‏2013-06-28T12:17:59Z  

Hey Jane,

the macro ships with RPE in the rpe.dot file . You can find that file in the RPE installation folder in the utils/word subfolder. To have RPE run it you need to specify the full path to rpe.dot in the stylesheet property of the Word output and then specify rpe as the value of the macro.  I recommend using the "rpe" macro instead of the "insertOLEs" one as "rpe" also updates the table of contents.

See the attached image for more details.

Regards,

Dragos

If you have a stylesheet you want to use than you can copy the insertOLEs macro from the rpe.dot file and include it in your own stylesheet and have it invoked by your macro. Open the rpe.dot, go to the macros section and grab the bits you need.

Regards,

Dragos