Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-12-13T16:16:23Z by sundar_chinnagoundan
asg1
asg1
7 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Optim Designer - Optim unable to pick up related tables while defining an access definition

‏2013-10-18T14:08:55Z |

Hi,

I am using Optim Designer 9.1 for data masking. The database I am connecting to is SQL Server 2012. While defining an access definition to use in the extract service, i am facing an issue with the step where you specify a start table and find related tables to that. Optim is unable to find any related tables although there are many. I have the options checked for searching both parent and child relations and also for searching all the levels.

Please let me know how i resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance for your time and effort.

• sundar_chinnagoundan
    10 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Optim Designer - Optim unable to pick up related tables while defining an access definition

‏2013-10-22T21:52:14Z  in response to asg1

Couple of things to check:

Did you try to view those relationships in 'Relationship Editor'? To see if the relationships (Database/OPTIM) are showing up there.

You can also try to add OPTIM relationship and try to pull it up in the access definition to see if it shows there.

Are the related tables under same DBAlias.Creator? Are you specifying matching tables pattern?

• asg1
      asg1
      7 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Optim Designer - Optim unable to pick up related tables while defining an access definition

‏2013-12-12T11:29:04Z  in response to sundar_chinnagoundan

Thank you Sundar  for your inputs.Apologies for the late reply.

The Relationship Editor was not the way to go with the DB I was dealing with. Its sheer size and the number of relationships were way too many to handle, given the time constraints I had. So I went ahead and used the Optim Client which was pulling in all the related tables. But the problem still persists with the Designer.

To your question, I wasn't specifying any matching table pattern. Related tables are spread cross various schema.

Updated on 2013-12-12T14:35:47Z at 2013-12-12T14:35:47Z by asg1
      • sundar_chinnagoundan
        10 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-13T16:16:23Z  in response to asg1

Glad you have a work around.

In Designer are you able to pull up the related tables under same schema? Is this issue specific to relationship across different schema?