• 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2019-04-11T10:33:01Z by Miguel_no
Miguel_no
Miguel_no
3 Posts

Pinned topic Multiple errors while updating ISIM

‏2019-04-09T15:24:42Z | identity isim isim6.0 websphere8.5.5

Hi everybody,

I have installed an ISIM 6.0.0 to do some migration tests. I noticed that ISIM 6.0.0 hasn't Identity Service Center, so I want to update it to 6.0.0.10 with FP 10. I download it from Fix Central and I have executed the procedure described in the FP.

I run update.sh from UpdateInstaller and, after stop all WebSphere servers (I can't continue if I don't do that), I got two main errors:

The first is this one:

[4/9/19 17:02:40:718 CEST] 00000001 WsServerImpl  E   WSVR0009E: Error occurred during startup
com.ibm.ws.exception.RuntimeError: com.ibm.ejs.EJSException: Could not register with Location Service Daemon, which could only reside in the NodeAgent. Make sure the NodeAgent for this node is up and running.; nested exception is:
        org.omg.CORBA.ORBPackage.InvalidName: LocationService:org.omg.CORBA.TRANSIENT: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused:host=127.0.0.1,port=9900  vmcid: IBM  minor code: E02  completed: No

Okay, nodeAgent is the service which is listening on 9900. So I did a little trick as workaround and I started the nodeAgent just after the check that the UpdateInstaller do about java processes. It works because the installer didn't return the same error. However, now i'm getting this one:

(Apr 9, 2019 5:21:09 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance, msg1, Running configuration command: StartWASSingleServer, percent complete: 13%
(Apr 9, 2019 5:21:36 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance, msg1, Running configuration command: StopITIMApplicationSingleServer, percent complete: 20%
(Apr 9, 2019 5:21:42 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.installtoolkitbridge.ISMPInstallToolkitBridgeForNIFramework, wrn, Config action failed: StopITIMApplicationSingleServer - /opt/IBM/isim/properties/version/nif/config/install/was/StopITIMApplicationSingleServer.ijc
(Apr 9, 2019 5:21:42 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance, err, Configuration failed. The config action that failed was: StopITIMApplicationSingleServer.
(Apr 9, 2019 5:21:42 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance, err, CWUPI0013E: A configuration action failed. The failing configuration action is: StopITIMApplicationSingleServer.
(Apr 9, 2019 5:21:42 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance, err, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.NIFException: CWUPI0013E: A configuration action failed. The failing configuration action is: StopITIMApplicationSingleServer.
        at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.install.NIFPackageApplicationPlugin.runInstallConfigActions(NIFPackageApplicationPlugin.java:805)
        at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.install.NIFPackageApplicationPlugin.execute(NIFPackageApplicationPlugin.java:125)
        at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.satellites.DeploySatellitesPlugin.configureSatellites(DeploySatellitesPlugin.java:254)
        at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.satellites.DeploySatellitesPlugin.execute(DeploySatellitesPlugin.java:166)
        at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance.executeTheseInstallPackages(InstallNIFMaintenance.java:1110)
        at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance.executeThisInstallPackage(InstallNIFMaintenance.java:663)
        at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance.executeThisInstallPackage(InstallNIFMaintenance.java:1061)
        at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance.executeThisInstallPackage(InstallNIFMaintenance.java:527)
        at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance.executeThisInstallPackage(InstallNIFMaintenance.java:459)
        at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance.performExecution(InstallNIFMaintenance.java:397)
        at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance.execute(InstallNIFMaintenance.java:80)
        at com.installshield.wizard.RunnableWizardBeanContext.run(RunnableWizardBeanContext.java:21)
Caused by: com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.config.ConfigFailedException: CWUPI0013E: A configuration action failed. The failing configuration action is: StopITIMApplicationSingleServer.
        at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.config.LaunchConfigManagerPlugin.execute(LaunchConfigManagerPlugin.java:74)
        at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.config.NIFConfigPlugin.executeConfiguration(NIFConfigPlugin.java:110)
        at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.install.NIFPackageApplicationPlugin.runInstallConfigActions(NIFPackageApplicationPlugin.java:760)
        ... 11 more

(Apr 9, 2019 5:21:42 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.SettleNIFRegistryAction, msg1, Current install/uninstall process failed.
(Apr 9, 2019 5:21:42 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.SetExitCodeAction, msg1, CWUPI0000I: EXITCODE=1

I have disabled Application Security from WebSphere to see if it was the problem but I get the same error. Can someone help me? I don't know how to proceed with the update.

Thank you very much.

• Miguel_no
    Miguel_no
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Multiple errors while updating ISIM

‏2019-04-11T10:33:01Z  

Hi,

it is solved. I have run the nodeAgent and dmgr server just after the java check process that the installator runs. I have also to clear java cache. Thansk. 

• Miguel_no
    Miguel_no
    3 Posts

Re: Multiple errors while updating ISIM

‏2019-04-11T10:33:01Z  

Hi,

it is solved. I have run the nodeAgent and dmgr server just after the java check process that the installator runs. I have also to clear java cache. Thansk.