Topic
  • 9 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2017-05-24T18:45:13Z by Parkib
EdmundReinhardt
EdmundReinhardt
275 Posts

Pinned topic How to quickly purchase RDi using a credit card

‏2014-02-26T22:00:50Z | purchase rdi

The attached PDF will take you through process of purchasing the Rational Developer for i product as a simple credit card transaction.

Note that if you are entitle to volume discounts or trade-ups from ADTS, you may prefer to use IBM or a business partner to take advantage of those discounts.

Attachments

• sgantner
    sgantner
    1 Post

Re: How to quickly purchase RDi using a credit card

‏2015-03-05T17:30:00Z  
    Edmund, Thanks so much for this great document. I'm sure it has saved many people hours of pulling their hair out! 

A question for you - You mentioned in this document about a trade-up. Does this refer to trading a license of ADTS for a discount on a license of RDi? I know your document posted here doesn't apply in that case, but where can someone find out details of such a trade-up offer, if it still exists? Experience with my clients is that many shops have trouble finding out about it via their IBM or Business Partner reps. Even just knowing what part numbers or words to use in a search on IBM's systems would be helpful. Apologies in advance if this info is already on the forum here somewhere - I did a search and didn't find anything. 

Thanks. 

Susan 

• EdmundReinhardt
    EdmundReinhardt
    275 Posts

‏2015-03-09T18:56:20Z  

Hi Susan

Good news, yes these tradeups are still available.

For the base RPG and COBOL Tools edition it is $770 and here are the order codes.

Trade-up from ADTS V6.1

Trade-up 5761-WDS to
    5733-RDW feat 0041

D0C5HLL

Trade-up from ADTS V7.1

Trade-up 5770-WDS to
    5733-RDW feat 0042

D0C5HLL

More options for different RDi editions (Java Edition etc) are found on pg 38,39 of this presentation

You might find some other goodies in the presentation of value.

I hope this helps.

• Parkib
    Parkib
    16 Posts

‏2017-05-19T14:26:13Z  

Edmund, this discussion is a little over 2-years old now. I wonder if the trade-up discount is still available? Also, are the above documents still valid?

I would like to echo Susan's comments, "Experience with my clients is that many shops have trouble finding out about it [trade-up] via their IBM or Business Partner reps." Just this week I have been dealing with a (large) IBM i shop in the UK of 20+ developers. They would like to deploy RDi but, having investigated the price, are having a real problem building a cost justification. Their costings are based solely on the published web price:

https://www.ibm.com/uk-en/marketplace/rational-developer-for-i/purchase#product-header-top 

(I assume this price is for a fixed-term licence; a perpetual licence would be more expensive?)

The trade-up discount might make the product a little easier to justify - if it still available?

Thanks

• JonParis
    JonParis
    90 Posts

‏2017-05-19T14:34:35Z  
    • Parkib
    • ‏2017-05-19T14:26:13Z

Edmund, this discussion is a little over 2-years old now. I wonder if the trade-up discount is still available? Also, are the above documents still valid?

I would like to echo Susan's comments, "Experience with my clients is that many shops have trouble finding out about it [trade-up] via their IBM or Business Partner reps." Just this week I have been dealing with a (large) IBM i shop in the UK of 20+ developers. They would like to deploy RDi but, having investigated the price, are having a real problem building a cost justification. Their costings are based solely on the published web price:

https://www.ibm.com/uk-en/marketplace/rational-developer-for-i/purchase#product-header-top 

(I assume this price is for a fixed-term licence; a perpetual licence would be more expensive?)

The trade-up discount might make the product a little easier to justify - if it still available?

Thanks

I'll let Edmund answer the question definitively Brian - but the last I heard was that it was still available.

In the case f a 20+ person shop though most people I have talked to have been able to get substantial discounts from IBM (or their Business Partner) on these kinds of numbers. 

• EdmundReinhardt
    EdmundReinhardt
    275 Posts

‏2017-05-19T15:57:01Z  
    • JonParis
    • ‏2017-05-19T14:34:35Z

I'll let Edmund answer the question definitively Brian - but the last I heard was that it was still available.

In the case f a 20+ person shop though most people I have talked to have been able to get substantial discounts from IBM (or their Business Partner) on these kinds of numbers. 

I have asked Tim Rowe to work directly with Brian and help his customer get the best deal possible.

• EdmundReinhardt
    EdmundReinhardt
    275 Posts

‏2017-05-23T18:03:23Z  

I have asked Tim Rowe to work directly with Brian and help his customer get the best deal possible.

Hello Everyone,
    ADTS tradeup to RDi is available in both AAS (see 00nn feature codes)  and PA (see feature code D0XXXXX).

AAS trade up

Feature codes can be found in this table

IBM Rational Developer for i                                  Charge
      RPG and COBOL Tools                                          feature
    Upgrade from 5761-WDS ADTS 6.1 AU with 1 yr SWMA Maintenance   0041
    Upgrade from 5770-WDS ADTS 7.1 AU with 1 yr SWMA Maintenance   0042

IBM Rational Developer for i                                 Charge
      RPG and COBOL + Modernization Tools, Java Edition           featur
    Upgrade from ADTS 6.1 AU with 1 yr SWMA Maintenance           0035
    Upgrade from ADTS 7.1 AU with 1 yr SWMA Maintenance           0036

IBM Rational Developer for i                                 Charge
      RPG and COBOL + Modernization Tools, EGL Edition            feature
    Upgrade from ADTS 6.1 AU with 1 yr SWMA Maintenance           0029
    Upgrade from ADTS 7.1 AU with 1 yr SWMA Maintenance           0030

Passport Advantage trade ups

D0C5HLL    IBM Rational Developer for i RPG & COBOL Tools Authorized User tradeup from ADTS Trade Up License + SW Subscription & Support 12 Months
    D0ZNLLL    IBM Rational Developer for i RPG / COBOL + Modernization Tools, EGL Edition Authorized User tradeup from ADTS Trade Up License + SW Subscription & Support 12 Months
    D0ZNJLL    IBM Rational Developer for i RPG/COBOL + Modernization Tools, Java Edition Authorized User tradeup from ADTS Trade Up License + SW Subscription & Support 12 Months

Abstracted from document
    https://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/cgi-bin/ssialias?subtype=ca&infotype=an&appname=iSource&supplier=897&letternum=ENUS213-132#h2-ordinfx

• Parkib
    Parkib
    16 Posts

‏2017-05-23T20:00:44Z  

Thank you for confirming that the ADTS trade-up is still available, Edmund. (Thx also, Jon, for the reassuring feedback that substantial discounts can be secured.)

Look forward to hearing from Tim Rowe.

• EdmundReinhardt
    EdmundReinhardt
    275 Posts

‏2017-05-24T13:13:30Z  
    • Parkib
    • ‏2017-05-23T20:00:44Z

Thank you for confirming that the ADTS trade-up is still available, Edmund. (Thx also, Jon, for the reassuring feedback that substantial discounts can be secured.)

Look forward to hearing from Tim Rowe.

Hi Brian, I will get the appropriate sales agent in contact with you.  Should I use the email goodprophet.bp@gmail.com, or do you prefer another means of contact?

• Parkib
    Parkib
    16 Posts

‏2017-05-24T18:45:13Z  

Hi Brian, I will get the appropriate sales agent in contact with you.  Should I use the email goodprophet.bp@gmail.com, or do you prefer another means of contact?

That'll work just fine, Edmund. Many thanks.

Brian.