A_Better_Solution
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Bi-Monthly ABS - IBM Rational/CM E-Newsletter

‏2013-08-18T17:18:47Z |

Hello ClearCase User,

The New ABS IBM Rational/CM E-Newsletter for Aug. 2013 is ready to enjoy at:

http://www.abs-consulting.com/newsletter.html

Newsletter Issue #51 is full of ABS News and News from other CM or software organizations as well as technical notes. Some items of interest in this newsletter include:

* IBM lets you get a head start on "Innovate 2014"

* Read about just released versions of ABS software; A manor release for ClearReplica 10.0 and a minor for ClearTrigger 12.9

- ClearReplica 10.0 was released on 8/3 and ClearReplica adds many of the most feature to its already strong feature-set.
        - ClearTrigger 12.9 was just released on 8/3 to provide improvements and minor defect fixes.
        - iApproveIt 1.3 was recently introduced and is free for your iPhone.  Bring your ClearQuest or ClearCase policy to your iPhone.

* See announcements by ClearCase/CM savvy vendors like IBM, Gomidjets, ClearVision, Island Training, RelaseTEAM and WANdisco.

- ABS is now a reseller of IBM Rational products and can competitively sell to both commercial and government accounts...
        - ABS and island training announce a partnership to make even more  Rational Tools training available...
        - GoMidgets release new version of ClearCheck (version 2.7)...

* ABS extends the "Rational Solutions Center" for Rational Tools users.  section of the ABS web site contains a selection of free advise and tools that can be used to help efficiently run your IBM Rational tools infrastructure. Clear examples, answers as well as any needed source code is provided. Years of IBM Rational tool knowledge in one place. No registration required or email address to provide. Just use as our gift to you.

* Read this issue's ClearCase Tips & Tricks which include 15 of the most popular ClearCase questions and answers received this month including:

- How can I automatically make newly created elements owned the same as their parent directory?
        - How can I see/prevent lost+found element before they are created with a directory uncheckout?
        - What is ClearReplica and how does it compare to ClearCase Multisite?
        - How can I get "True" RCS-style Keyword Substitution/Expansion for ClearCase?
        - What is ClearTrigger and how can it help me create efficient ClearCase Policy to control my users?
        - How can I improve performance on the Application of ClearCase Labels?

* and more...

Enjoy.

Try ClearTrigger and ClearReplica at http://www.abs-consulting.com

A Better Solution, Inc.
----------------------------------------------------
A Better Solution, Inc.         (770) 252-1500 [phone]
4303 Cedar Lake Cove
Conley, Ga.  30288              (770) 252-1501 [fax]
                                                Email: info@abs-consulting.com
                                                http://www.abs-consulting.com