Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-08-08T04:33:09Z by 6628_Emily_Zhang
Mike Sioda
Mike Sioda
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Setting Default Configuration Run Options

‏2013-07-25T19:37:33Z |

My team has all recently migrated to use IBM Data Studio 4.1 as our DB2 client interface for running SQL after we upgraded to new Windows 7 Dell laptops.  We are connecting via JDBC & SQLJ (JDBC 4.0) to DB2 databases on z/OS. 

We would like to be able to configure the default value for the Configuration tab Run Options = Use the existing conneciton to run scripts.  I have 15 team mates that connect to multiple DB2 databases, multiple times a day & run multiple queries.  The default setting each time we make a database connection is the run option = Open a new connection each time a script is run.  This is not desirable for our team.

We must manually scroll down & use the radio button to select the desired run option every single time we connect to a database.  It is inconvenient to do this so many time every day.  The concern is that this annoying & reptetive action may be ignored by some developers & this might cause us to max out the available connections to one of the databases - which could cause a major incident.

If there is any mechanism to set this as a default option I would like to pursue it.  Thank you for reading.

• 6628_Emily_Zhang
    6628_Emily_Zhang
    12 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Setting Default Configuration Run Options

‏2013-08-08T04:33:09Z  in response to Mike Sioda

Mike,

Can you write me a note to emilyz at us.ibm.com?  We can have a further discussion.

Thanks!

Emily