IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections platform will be sunset on December 31, 2019. On January 1, 2020, this community and its apps will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ.
Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2018-04-06T14:32:15Z by ray74
ray74
ray74
112 Posts

Pinned topic SIM data cleanup

‏2018-04-05T19:53:41Z | isim itim

We have a situation where we are seeing a lot of duplicate user profiles in sim for the same userid. this is a result of data migration that was done as part of an iam upgrade. what we want to do now is cleanup all the duplicated profiles which are causing various issues with id feeds and password changes etc. My question to the group is that has someone encountered this situation before and can suggest some steps on how to go about doing this ssort of cleanup in an automated fashion? Manual cleanup isnt an option because we have identifed several 1000s of profiles in this condition. 

any thoughts from the community woudl be appreciated. we also have a PMR open with ibm to get some input from them before anyone suggest to open a PMR.

thanks

• Sanjay Sutar
    Sanjay Sutar
    198 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: SIM data cleanup

‏2018-04-06T06:36:21Z  

A TDI AL should be able do the job, something like below

iterate over the duplicate users (may be from file) already identified;

lookup in ITIM LDAP (to get unique global ID to be used in next step, if its part of above list then this is not required.)

send delete to ITIM (using JNDI) for all except one (assuming all are exact same copy and any one of the profile can be retained deleting other).

I dont think there is any issue with product so doubt if IBM would be able to help here through PMR.

• Sanjay Sutar
    Sanjay Sutar
    198 Posts

‏2018-04-06T06:36:21Z  

lookup in ITIM LDAP (to get unique global ID to be used in next step, if its part of above list then this is not required.)

send delete to ITIM (using JNDI) for all except one (assuming all are exact same copy and any one of the profile can be retained deleting other).

I dont think there is any issue with product so doubt if IBM would be able to help here through PMR.

• ray74
    ray74
    112 Posts

‏2018-04-06T14:32:15Z  

Thanks for the response. I did something similar to what you mentioned and pending further testing. Will let you know if i run into any issues but seems to work ok for now. 

The PMR was opened by the customer just because they can lol. I had no say in that - working with a Biz partner and assisting customer in all things IAM.