Topic
  • 10 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-06T14:54:57Z by nivanov1
Daianerc
Daianerc
9 Posts

Pinned topic Have you ever installed DB2 EXPRESS - C 10.5 on the linux server without graphic interface and setup up the db2 text search?

‏2013-10-23T12:08:31Z |

Hello!

I installed db2 express-c 10.5 in the linux server without using graphical interface.

How can I enable db2 text seach in it?

Thanks.

• nivanov1
    nivanov1
    53 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Have you ever installed DB2 EXPRESS - C 10.5 on the linux server without graphic interface and setup up the db2 text search?

‏2013-12-06T14:54:57Z  
    • Daianerc
    • ‏2013-12-06T12:07:41Z

Hi, thanks for answering.

I installed DB2 by following the tutorial file in
     ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/products/db2/info/vr101/pdf/en_US/DB2TextSearch-db2tse1010.pdf

Instalation path:
    /opt/ibm/ECMTextSearch/

I had sucess on the installing DB2 untill  step number 7 (page 55) after that an error arrived when I began the startup.sh command.

I didn't find the standalone config (page 61).

The command below displays an error.
    configTool.sh printToken -configPath /opt/ibm/ECMTextSearch/config

You could see the error in the image file attached.

What should I do now?

Best wishes.

That seems to be a Ubuntu error, not DB2.

• nivanov1
    nivanov1
    53 Posts

Re: Have you ever installed DB2 EXPRESS - C 10.5 on the linux server without graphic interface and setup up the db2 text search?

‏2013-10-23T14:07:41Z  

You'd need to edit the response file and change the value of CONFIGURE_TEXT_SEARCH to YES, then re-run the installation.

• Daianerc
    Daianerc
    9 Posts

‏2013-10-30T17:57:58Z  
    • nivanov1
    • ‏2013-10-23T14:07:41Z

You'd need to edit the response file and change the value of CONFIGURE_TEXT_SEARCH to YES, then re-run the installation.

Hi,

I edited the response file and changed the value of CONFIGURE_TEXT_SEARCH to YES, then re-runned the installation, but it didn't work.

It finished the installation then returned a message of warn of missing  something.

What should I do?

Below is the response file.

File: db2expc_nr.rsp

*-----------------------------------------------------
    * Generated response file used by the DB2 Setup wizard
    * generation time: 10/24/13 2:01 PM
    *-----------------------------------------------------
    *  Product Installation
    LIC_AGREEMENT       = ACCEPT
    PROD       = EXPRESS_C
    FILE       = /home/db2inst1/sqllib/
    INSTALL_TYPE       = CUSTOM
    COMP       = APPLICATION_DEVELOPMENT_TOOLS
    COMP       = DB2_UPDATE_SERVICE
    COMP       = COMMUNICATION_SUPPORT_TCPIP
    COMP       = JAVA_SUPPORT
    COMP       = FIRST_STEPS
    COMP       = BASE_DB2_ENGINE
    COMP       = LDAP_EXPLOITATION
    COMP       = INSTANCE_SETUP_SUPPORT
    COMP       = DB2_SAMPLE_DATABASE
    COMP       = SQL_PROCEDURES
    COMP       = ACS
    COMP       = DB2_DATA_SOURCE_SUPPORT
    COMP       = BASE_CLIENT
    COMP       = TEXT_SEARCH
    * ----------------------------------------------
    *  Instance properties           
    * ----------------------------------------------
    INSTANCE       = inst1
    inst1.TYPE       = wse
    *  Instance-owning user
    inst1.NAME       = db2inst1
    inst1.START_DURING_INSTALL       = YES
    inst1.CONFIGURE_TEXT_SEARCH       = YES
    inst1.TEXT_SEARCH_HTTP_PORT_NUMBER       = 48093
    *-----------------------------------------------
    *  Installed Languages
    *-----------------------------------------------
    LANG       = EN

Attachments

• Daianerc
    Daianerc
    9 Posts

‏2013-11-01T19:34:40Z  
    • nivanov1
    • ‏2013-10-23T14:07:41Z

Hi,

Thank you for answer me.

I have problem with the installation yet.

It is a attached error's print.

I installed db2 with the root privileges.  After that I couldn't start  db2.

What is wrong?

Attachments

• nivanov1
    nivanov1
    53 Posts

‏2013-11-02T21:53:47Z  
    • Daianerc
    • ‏2013-11-01T19:34:40Z

Hi,

Thank you for answer me.

I have problem with the installation yet.

It is a attached error's print.

I installed db2 with the root privileges.  After that I couldn't start  db2.

What is wrong?

I think the message indicates that there is no strings utility on your system. You can follow the advice and use the -f option to skip the prereq check.

• Daianerc
    Daianerc
    9 Posts

‏2013-11-05T12:37:09Z  
    • nivanov1
    • ‏2013-11-02T21:53:47Z

I think the message indicates that there is no strings utility on your system. You can follow the advice and use the -f option to skip the prereq check.

Hi nivanov1 how are you?

Thanks for answering.

I installed the DB2 with -f sysreq option to skip of requirements check , then it was finished with a message warning about somethings did not installed correctly.
    I tried to install using user root also, there was no error message but no one user could start the DB2.

What can I do?

• nivanov1
    nivanov1
    53 Posts

‏2013-11-06T00:15:27Z  
    • Daianerc
    • ‏2013-11-05T12:37:09Z

Hi nivanov1 how are you?

Thanks for answering.

I installed the DB2 with -f sysreq option to skip of requirements check , then it was finished with a message warning about somethings did not installed correctly.
    I tried to install using user root also, there was no error message but no one user could start the DB2.

What can I do?

no one user could start the DB2

This isn't very much information. What happens if you log in as the instance owner and issued the db2start command?

• Daianerc
    Daianerc
    9 Posts

‏2013-11-14T16:38:41Z  
    • nivanov1
    • ‏2013-11-06T00:15:27Z

no one user could start the DB2

This isn't very much information. What happens if you log in as the instance owner and issued the db2start command?

Hello nivanov1,

Thanks for answering.

I forgot to take note of the message, anyway I removed DB2 from my computer.
    I have an DB2 installed in another pc but db2 text search isn't active in it.
    It is db2 express-c 10.5 in the linux server without using graphical interface.
    How can I turn active DB2 text search now?

• nivanov1
    nivanov1
    53 Posts

‏2013-11-14T17:57:10Z  
    • Daianerc
    • ‏2013-11-14T16:38:41Z

Hello nivanov1,

Thanks for answering.

I forgot to take note of the message, anyway I removed DB2 from my computer.
    I have an DB2 installed in another pc but db2 text search isn't active in it.
    It is db2 express-c 10.5 in the linux server without using graphical interface.
    How can I turn active DB2 text search now?

To install DB2 Text Search you must select this option during installation. If you have not done that, you must re-run db2setup. Please check the manual: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v10r1/topic/com.ibm.db2.luw.admin.ts.doc/doc/c_installation.html

• Daianerc
    Daianerc
    9 Posts

‏2013-12-06T12:07:41Z  
    • nivanov1
    • ‏2013-11-14T17:57:10Z

To install DB2 Text Search you must select this option during installation. If you have not done that, you must re-run db2setup. Please check the manual: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v10r1/topic/com.ibm.db2.luw.admin.ts.doc/doc/c_installation.html

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/products/db2/info/vr101/pdf/en_US/DB2TextSearch-db2tse1010.pdf

Instalation path:
    /opt/ibm/ECMTextSearch/

I had sucess on the installing DB2 untill  step number 7 (page 55) after that an error arrived when I began the startup.sh command.

What should I do now?

Best wishes.

• nivanov1
    nivanov1
    53 Posts

‏2013-12-06T14:54:57Z  
    • Daianerc
    • ‏2013-12-06T12:07:41Z

Instalation path:
    /opt/ibm/ECMTextSearch/

What should I do now?

Best wishes.

That seems to be a Ubuntu error, not DB2.