Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-13T11:18:20Z by dschoppmann
SodhinipalliChanakya
1 Post

Pinned topic Restart Embedded Web Application Server for Content Analytics Miner

‏2013-11-20T06:33:06Z | analytics content ibm

Hi,

I am new to IBM Content Analytics Development. I need some guidance regarding the Custom Plug-in for Content Analytics Miner in 3.0.

I have created the plugin folder (C:\Program Files\IBM\es\esadmin\master_config\searchapp\analytics\plugin), and copied all the files from analyticsViewPlugin folder and modified the plugins.xml. (With the guidance at http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/analytic/v3r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.discovery.es.ap.doc%2Fiiyspplugtmviews.htm).

Am able to see the custom plug-in's in the Miner now.

But, for this I have restarted the whole ICA as I was unable to restart the Embedded Web Application Server (is the one my ICA is using).

How can I restart my Miner alone, without restarting the total ICA as it consumes lot of time to restart the total ICA.

I tried to follow the below process explained in the above link :

If you use the embedded web application server, enter the following commands, where node_ID identifies the search server:

esadmin searchapp.node_ID stop
          esadmin searchapp.node_ID start

Here I didn't understand the instruction "where node_ID identifies the search server". I tried @ "C:\Program Files\IBM\es\esadmin\master_config" and "C:\Program Files\IBM\es\esadmin" and "C:\Program Files\IBM\es" but I was unsuccessful in restarting the Miner application. Always the result occured was 0. Please, refer to the attachment "restartMiner.rtf".

Please, help me out regarding this.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Sodhinipalli Chanakya

Attachments

• dschoppmann
    dschoppmann
    2 Posts

Re: Restart Embedded Web Application Server for Content Analytics Miner

‏2013-12-13T11:18:20Z  

Your command looks good. Does it work? You do not need to change to a certain directory and can type restart instead of stop and start. "esadmin searchapp.node1 restart".