• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-01-23T13:43:30Z by ChristopheGefflot
3PEJ_Steve_Schiff
3PEJ_Steve_Schiff
2 Posts

Pinned topic ODME Installation Failed

‏2014-01-03T14:13:55Z |

Hello,

I installed ODME developer and ODME project, a while ago, and never got around to migrating from CPLEX. 

Recently, I was able to run some sample ODME projects, however I wanted to look at and modify the model as well, and was told I needed to install the ODME developer as well.  I forgot I had it installed, and accidentally installed ODME developer a second time.  After 8 or 9 hours, the installer had not finished, so i cancelled it (yes mid-way through).

I then tried running the sample ODME project I listed above, but that failed now fails to work.

I went back to a previous restire point, thinking whatever files had been deleted or affected during the second installtion, would be replaced, but no luck.  I then tried running the uninstaller, for developer but that too failed to work.

What can I do?   How can I do to clean up the mess and start over?  If you tell me where to find one, I can attach a log file if need be?

Thanks,

steve

• ChristopheGefflot
    ChristopheGefflot
    2 Posts

Re: ODME Installation Failed

‏2014-01-06T10:50:34Z  

Hello

I don't know exactly what you have mixed (versions and/or editions) , but indeed, you need first to retrieve a clean state.
    Can you just rename the install directory "my-install-dir" into  "my-install-dir.old" ?
    Then relaunch the installation, and delete the old directory (assuming the new one works...).

Regards,
    --
    Christophe Gefflot

• 3PEJ_Steve_Schiff
    3PEJ_Steve_Schiff
    2 Posts

‏2014-01-23T11:20:39Z  

Hello

I don't know exactly what you have mixed (versions and/or editions) , but indeed, you need first to retrieve a clean state.
    Can you just rename the install directory "my-install-dir" into  "my-install-dir.old" ?
    Then relaunch the installation, and delete the old directory (assuming the new one works...).

Regards,
    --
    Christophe Gefflot

Hi Cristopher,  thank you for your reply.  would you mind telling me how to identify which is my install directory please?

• ChristopheGefflot
    ChristopheGefflot
    2 Posts

‏2014-01-23T13:43:30Z  

Hi Cristopher,  thank you for your reply.  would you mind telling me how to identify which is my install directory please?

Assuming you've installed Developer Edition 3.7  in  "C:\Program Files\IBM\ILOG\ODME37", you have to rename it to
    "C:\Program Files\IBM\ILOG\ODME37.old"

Regards,

--

Christophe