• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-12-29T01:04:09Z by newscreen
mayank141
mayank141
1 Post

Pinned topic ECMSM 5.1 JNLP issue

‏2013-07-01T21:00:26Z |

Hi,

I was trying to install ECMSM for FileNet P8 5.1 environment, After successful installation of ECMSM I was able to login into the console but when started to configure ECM SM based agent installer from tools menu I am getting JNLP issue and not getting the popup for login.

It seems to be webstart issue. I have check the JDK and JRE which is properly installed on the server. Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks

Mayank

• haase
    haase
    4 Posts

Re: ECMSM 5.1 JNLP issue

‏2013-08-01T07:32:39Z  

Hi Mayank,

Please send me an email to r.merkt@cenit.de so we can discuss this.

Thanks,

Roland

• jpoiger
    jpoiger
    16 Posts

‏2013-09-20T08:21:23Z  

This is usually a browser settings problem.

Easiest workaround: Try to save the jnlp file instead of opening it, open the jnlp file manually using javaws.

• ibmwasuser
    ibmwasuser
    9 Posts

‏2013-11-25T05:29:54Z  

If you are opening in internet explorer then press (ctrl+left mouse click) then u will get the screen.

• bubblu
    bubblu
    4 Posts

‏2014-03-24T11:54:46Z  

If you are opening in internet explorer then press (ctrl+left mouse click) then u will get the screen.

Hi,

Try to do the following and check

On you local workstation where u are opening the  FSM cosole.

Open the command promt--got java/jre/bin--then run the javaws -viewer--then delete all the files under Application and the resourses. TRy now.

• newscreen
    newscreen
    2 Posts

ECMSM 5.2 with IF3 JNLP issue

‏2014-12-26T19:26:21Z  
    • bubblu
    • ‏2014-03-24T11:54:46Z

Hi,

Try to do the following and check

On you local workstation where u are opening the  FSM cosole.

Open the command promt--got java/jre/bin--then run the javaws -viewer--then delete all the files under Application and the resourses. TRy now.

I have ECM SM 5.2 in the beginning. Once installed successfully, trying to access Tools > Task Execution Manager. But I got the '[CEDSG1532W] Did not receive certificate from server.' error when logging in with the same credentials as logging to the main console.

Later I applied Interim Fix 1, 2 and then 3. Now, the error is gone, and the 'Received certificate from server' window is up for response. I pressed 'Accept permanently', and logged in again using the same credentials on the prompt. All of sudden, the 'Caught exception on login' error occurred. Even I separately opened the jnlp file from /opt/IBM/ECMSM/jre/bin/javaws but with the same result. I have checked the log files on /opt/IBM/ECMSM/var/log without any obvious explanation on this issue.

Any idea? (By the way, I am new for this product. So please bear with me.)

• newscreen
    newscreen
    2 Posts

Re: ECMSM 5.2 with IF3 JNLP issue

‏2014-12-29T01:04:09Z  
    • newscreen
    • ‏2014-12-26T19:26:21Z

I have ECM SM 5.2 in the beginning. Once installed successfully, trying to access Tools > Task Execution Manager. But I got the '[CEDSG1532W] Did not receive certificate from server.' error when logging in with the same credentials as logging to the main console.

Later I applied Interim Fix 1, 2 and then 3. Now, the error is gone, and the 'Received certificate from server' window is up for response. I pressed 'Accept permanently', and logged in again using the same credentials on the prompt. All of sudden, the 'Caught exception on login' error occurred. Even I separately opened the jnlp file from /opt/IBM/ECMSM/jre/bin/javaws but with the same result. I have checked the log files on /opt/IBM/ECMSM/var/log without any obvious explanation on this issue.

Any idea? (By the way, I am new for this product. So please bear with me.)

I found out the problem was due to the 'Only allow current CALA_Rex agents' option unchecked while configuring the Primary Server basic settings as part of the installation. It has to be checked (or selected) for the first-time installation when there is no old agent created/used before.

After re-installing ECM SM with this option selected, the Task Execution Manager window comes up without any problem even no Interim Fixes applied yet.