Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
8 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-03T17:20:07Z by Juan.vega
Juan.vega
Juan.vega
6 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Reset User and password to SVC storage x3550

‏2013-05-02T19:53:26Z |

Hi, I can not access a storage SVC x3550, to power it ask me the user name and password, enter those who are defaul (superuser, passw0rd) but I can not get in SVC screen aprece ethernet port as desabilidado, not know the IP of one another if but I can not access due to port and navigation buttons only gives me the option of cluster, port FC1, 2,3,4, is all that shows and makes no action can help to enable ethernet port, and reset the passwors

Thank you.

Hola 

no puedo accesar a un SVC storage x3550, no tengo el usuario ni el password, ingrese el que es por defaul (superuser, passw0rd), pero marca como login incorrec, no tengo la ip de un SVC, pero del que la tengo no puedo accesar por la (GUI), debido a que el puesto de ethernet esta desabilitado, y en la parte frontal solo me da la opcion de cluster, delte cluester, version, port ethernet inactive, por fc 1,2,3,4 pero no hace ninguna accion, eso es lo unico que muestra, no tiene ninguna otra opcion.

se los agradeceria si me ayudaran a resetear el passwor o si tienen una respuesta para poder accesar a los SVC .

gracias 

Updated on 2013-05-02T19:58:53Z at 2013-05-02T19:58:53Z by Juan.vega
  • chriscanto
    chriscanto
    279 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Reset User and password to SVC storage x3550

‏2013-05-02T20:25:41Z  in response to Juan.vega

It sounds like you might be attempting to use a direct console connection (i.e. keyboard and monitor attached to the node) to login.  If so, that is not supported and will not allow you to login.

Assuming you are running software version 6.1.0.0 or later, the methods for accessing a node are:

* GUI (HTTPS), via service IP address (if configured) or system management IP address (depending on the node status)
    * CLI (SSH), via service IP address or management IP address,  as above
    * Front panel display

From the front panel you should be able to see:

* Cluster status  (default display is cluster name, scroll right to see status)
    * Node status  (down from cluster, then right)
    * further down you can also confirm the software version

If you could reply with the details then it should be possible to give advice for the easiest way to manage the node.

You might find this page of the SVC Information Center useful:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/svc/ic/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.storage.svc.console.doc%2Fsvc_svcmenuoptions_231hoq.html

• Juan.vega
    Juan.vega
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-02T21:20:09Z  in response to Juan.vega

if he was using the keyboard and an external console monkeys, but connect a cable that goes through the port SM and the back of the cable connect a serial cable that connects to my computer by usb pueto, but upon entering the putty ( ssh) does not give me simple access mind is the black screen without any option login send in the front if I have the name of the cluster, and the status is as inactive, but not let me do any other activity, the version is 4.3 .1.2

• Juan.vega
    Juan.vega
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-02T22:51:55Z  in response to Juan.vega

options trading to check the keys on the front panel, I dicuenta do not have the option of Action, not if it is inactive cluster or ethernet port

• chriscanto
      chriscanto
      279 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-02T23:44:19Z  in response to Juan.vega

Software version 4.3.1 hasn't been supported for over a year

(see support statement here: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=ssg1S1002280 )

As such, the online Information Center documentation for that release is no longer available.  However, the traditional PDF manuals still appear to be available for download from the IBM support website.

For example:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=ssg1S7002605

which links through to PDFs held here:

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/san/sanvc/V4.3.1/pubs/English/

The reason you don't see an "Actions" menu is because that is a feature of the newer software versions.

In 4.3.1 if a node is not active in a cluster then the only way to service it is to put the node into service mode, using a sequence of front panel button presses.  Once in service mode then the very basic service CLI and GUI can be used to reinstall code, collect logs etc via the service mode IP address.

You may not find much/any information in the manuals about service mode as it's only expected to be used under direction from IBM Support.

What is it you are actually trying to do with this node/cluster?

• Juan.vega
    Juan.vega
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-03T00:08:47Z  in response to Juan.vega

ok the cluster we want to use to allocate storage space with a clarion, has not yet shared disk, I have no access to the SVC, if you could tell me how to reset the node or password, I tanks very much, I tried to move him to front panel buttons but makes no action, you can update the software?, I must do in order to access, with no access IP as the ethernet port is inactive and SM port does nothing I guess not configured as service mode TechSoup can you help me please, took more than 1 week trying to reset the password  : (

• chriscanto
      chriscanto
      279 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-03T16:14:20Z  in response to Juan.vega

For software version 4.3, the management of a cluster is done through a separate "SVC Console" (GUI) application that is installed on a Windows server.  This is normally a "Master Console" or "SSPC", but any machine that meets the sw+hw specs can be used.

That GUI connects to the cluster via SSH using a private key file (icat.ppk); no password is required.

The GUI only manages a cluster, it doesn't manage individual nodes, so you need to have already created a cluster via the front panel menus on one of the nodes.

I'm a bit confused by your problem description.  Do you already have a cluster?  Or are these nodes unused and you're looking to make a new cluster with them?

You may be better off contacting IBM services to help you setup the system if you're not familiar with how to use it.

• Juan.vega
    Juan.vega
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-03T14:43:51Z  in response to Juan.vega

Hello

the day yesterday put the ip to my 2 SVC, and showed a password, was the only thing that set, but it will not let me make any other choice, but I can not select anything navigate to form the cluster between the 2 SVC, I should do can you help me?

• Juan.vega
    Juan.vega
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-03T17:20:07Z  in response to Juan.vega

I have not created the groups, only I put ip with SVC, but I can not re-enter settings to change the ip nuecamente