Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-01-21T07:09:05Z by Lioz
cwoliveira
cwoliveira
20 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Issues running ICN 2.0.2 Mobile Samples (Worklight)

‏2014-01-10T16:00:07Z |

Hello,

I'm testing the mobile samples provided to ICN 2.0.2 but with "partial" success:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27038925

1 - Sample Mobile App (Eclipse / Worklight Studio)

I ran with success Worklight Studo installation and build application. The Worklight console is displaying the Iphone simulator fine, but it is displaying Content Navigator with a "App Password" screen. This is my first run of this simulator/sample and I'm lost about how to proceed.

2 - Sample Mobile Layout (Plugin)

I created the plugin pointing to "SampleMobilePlugin.jar" and assigned it to a new Desktop. The new desktop opens OK with the "default layout" but when I change to "sample mobile layout" it's displayed the "loading desktop" message and then blank screen. I tried to open both on iPhone simulator and regular browser (IE, Firefox) with same result.

Comments about any of issues are welcome. Screenshots attached.

Thanks,

Carlos

• damorris
    damorris
    656 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Issues running ICN 2.0.2 Mobile Samples (Worklight)

‏2014-01-10T18:24:40Z  in response to cwoliveira

On #1, you have to enter a password the first time you run the application.  The password is your application password so it can be whatever you want it to be.

On #2, I'll have to ask someone on the mobile team to run the sample layout and see if we can reproduce.  Are you running 2.0.2 or have you installed fixpack 1 yet?  If you haven't yet, can you install fixpack 1 and see if it's still reproducible?

Thanks

• cwoliveira
      cwoliveira
      20 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-01-13T19:55:29Z  in response to damorris

Hello,

#1 - I tried something like this, entering a "whatever" password but there is no behavior when I click anywhere on simulator screen or press enter....

#2 - I am running ICN 2.0.2. Fixpack 1 already.

Thanks,

• cwoliveira
        cwoliveira
        20 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-01-14T01:53:27Z  in response to cwoliveira

Hi,

For now, forget #2, there was some conflict (a Dojo error displayed on Firefox console during GetResource calls) with the CloseAccountPlugin sample (mentioned on Content Navigator Redbook).

Removing the CloseAcccountPluging the desktop assigned to SampleMobileLayout opened fine.

Thanks,

• TomasBarina
          TomasBarina
          1 Post
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-01-17T10:20:26Z  in response to cwoliveira

What phone type do you use for simulation? Try to use different by selecting "Add device" function.

Btw. it looks like some css/skin issue. It should look like following picture. 

• Lioz
          Lioz
          1 Post
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-01-21T07:09:05Z  in response to cwoliveira

Still having problems?

I tested the SampleMobileApp.zip from ICN 2.0.2. Fixpack 1. it works fine.

It's probably a css issue.

The "created app password" screen will only shown when running app on real device/Xcode. When running on Worklight simulator you will get the login screen and every password allows login.