Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-05-09T16:01:37Z by kevintap
3QQW_Arun_Ramakrishnan
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Character Encoding

‏2013-05-03T09:23:18Z |

We have to display Non English Characters in out application.

I have a model that contains a HTML page. When i run the active model from my IDE, the page is displayed in the browser and the deafult Encoding is shown as UTF-8 in the Browser when it renders the page. I am not sure from where & how this encoding is getting set.

Secondly, even when i explicitly set the encoding to iso-8859-1 or Big5 using the HTML META tag, when i run the WPF Model again the browser shows the encoding for the Page as UTF-8. I am not sure why is the Meta Tag in HTML(With Big5 as the charset) getting ignored.

• kevintap
    kevintap
    744 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Character Encoding

‏2013-05-09T16:01:37Z  in response to 3QQW_Arun_Ramakrishnan

Web Experience Factory has a configuration property that can be set in override.properties to set the default encoding that is used by the application.  You can set the following property:

bowstreet.request.encoding.default

This, will set the default page encoding used for request/response handling.  The default encoding is used when the request does not contain specific encoding information in the request.

I might also suggest that you try using the following code to set the response encoding (instead of the HTML META tag).

webAppAccess.getHttpServletResponse().setCharacterEncoding("...");