Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-04T19:59:47Z by TimmyT
lhenderson
lhenderson
2 Posts

Pinned topic Error when display pdf --- ICN in a HA environment

‏2013-04-18T14:29:30Z |

I have 2 environments TEST and PROD both show the same behavior.

WebSphere 7.0.0.23 (2 node websphere cluster)
P8 CE 5.1
ICN 2.0.1 with fp1

Everything seems to work when accessing ICN from ICNserverone, I can display documents(including pdf), right click preview etc.

When I try to display pdf documents from ICNservertwo, I receive the following error (right click - preview does show the pdf):

Unable to open <http://ICNservertwo:9082/navigator/p8/getDocument.do?docid=StandardDocument%2C%7BA7577 etc

Error:ji.net.jiServerException:
Server did not respond with OK
Error: IO error: Unable to generate page due to repository access error.

Is there a configuration guide for ICN in a HA environment (WebSphere config I am missing)?

Any idea why I would see this behavior?

• djc664
    djc664
    21 Posts

Re: Error when display pdf --- ICN in a HA environment

‏2013-04-21T00:57:02Z  

Are you using any kind of load balancer to process these requests through, or are you going directly to the server individually? Your setup is identical to mine, so I'm also interested in the possible answer to your HA config guide question.

As far as I've found, no one really has a good guide for P8 when it comes to Websphere ND, especially where ICN is concerned. The vast majority is written with Stand-Alone WAS, with ND-specific things hastily written in a "Oh yea, if you're using ND than do X" where X= partial information without critical context. :(

• lhenderson
    lhenderson
    2 Posts

‏2013-04-22T17:28:48Z  
    • djc664
    • ‏2013-04-21T00:57:02Z

Are you using any kind of load balancer to process these requests through, or are you going directly to the server individually? Your setup is identical to mine, so I'm also interested in the possible answer to your HA config guide question.

As far as I've found, no one really has a good guide for P8 when it comes to Websphere ND, especially where ICN is concerned. The vast majority is written with Stand-Alone WAS, with ND-specific things hastily written in a "Oh yea, if you're using ND than do X" where X= partial information without critical context. :(

I am using a load balancer in front of the 2 servers, and I know when I am directed to the second server because I can not display pdf documents. I also go directly to each individual server. On the first server it works. On the second server it does not.

• sjwright
    sjwright
    9 Posts

‏2013-09-03T20:52:12Z  

I've seen the same problem with PDF files in the production environment, which is load balanced & running under WebSphere ND. The same PDF that errs in PROD does not throw an error in the DEV environment, which is not load balanced & not running on the ND version of WebSphere.

From the description of v2.0.2, it looks like there were some improvements in ICN in session replication. Could that have any effect on this issue?

• TimmyT
    TimmyT
    6 Posts

‏2013-12-04T19:59:47Z  
    • sjwright
    • ‏2013-09-03T20:52:12Z

I've seen the same problem with PDF files in the production environment, which is load balanced & running under WebSphere ND. The same PDF that errs in PROD does not throw an error in the DEV environment, which is not load balanced & not running on the ND version of WebSphere.

From the description of v2.0.2, it looks like there were some improvements in ICN in session replication. Could that have any effect on this issue?

I found this IBM webpage that helped me with the issues I am seeing in a HA Environment.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27039178   (Step 4)

Now my HA Cluster can open PDFs, TIFFS, and other documents.

Cheers,

Tim

Updated on 2013-12-04T20:00:10Z at 2013-12-04T20:00:10Z by TimmyT