IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections platform will be sunset on December 31, 2019. On January 1, 2020, this forum will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ.
Topic
  • No replies
djans
djans
1 Post

Pinned topic Websphere portal Exceptions after clearCache

‏2019-08-13T10:42:26Z | portal8.5

Something weird happened on my portal server ( fortunately a developper one ).

Just after running the commands to clear the cache ( clearCache and osgiCfgInit ), a restart of a server shows a bunch of exception related to the javax.portler.* package.

ClassNot found exception on PortletRequest, PortletSession ..... I was able to get rid of some of these exception by adding to the "app" directory the right "jar" files ... But this is not enough. Even the "Admin console" is showing the exception. Below is an example.

I have install a new profile ( using the same WAS installation ) of WPS ( vanilla ) on the same machine and got the same error. This is the reason why i am assuming that the problem is not centered on WPS but WAS .. Plugins ? WebContainer ?

Any idea ?

Daniel.

Thanks a lot.

Error Page Exception

CWSRV0260E: The server cannot use the error page specified for your application to handle the Original Exception printed below.

Original Exception:

Error Message: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/portlet/PortletRequest
Error Code: 500
Target Servlet:
Error Stack:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/portlet/PortletRequest
     at com.ibm.ws.cache.servlet.CacheHook.handleServlet(CacheHook.java:99)
     at com.ibm.ws.cache.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:259)