Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-17T12:41:07Z by bregan
bregan
bregan
2 Posts

Pinned topic CCRC Support for Custom Attributes

‏2013-06-13T20:11:31Z |

CCRC works well for me performing the necessary CC/CQ operations on servers located offshore - with one exception (ok maybe not one, but the one is is posing a significant obstacle at present).

Custom Attributes.

We use these attibutes to tag versions with some important cross reference information (e.g. to review status/records, etc) - but there is currently seemingly poor support in the remote client as compared with the native windows client.

In the CCRC:

• can see the custom attribute values, but not set them
  • attributes do not show up in the CCRC version tree view the way they do in the Version Tree Browser

For global programs like ours that benefit from the remote-clinet and rely on attributes to tag elements this poses a considerable productivity issue.

I am using 7.1.2 but have read all the 'new features' and APARs for the 8.0.0.x series and cannot see any change in this regard.

Is anyone privy to the IBM plans for bringing the Eclipse-based CC up to the level of the native windows capability, or can anyone suggest a work around?

(I did try the CM API, including the samples and tutorials, from which looked like it should support applying and setting attribues - but gave up in frustration).

Thanks in advance for anyone who can advise in this matter

Brian

• eludin
    eludin
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: CCRC Support for Custom Attributes

‏2013-06-14T21:17:53Z  

Support for applying attributes has been added in 8.0.0.6. Please enter an RFE to display attributes in the Version Tree. Thank you, -Eleonora

• eludin
    eludin
    4 Posts

‏2013-06-14T21:17:53Z  

Support for applying attributes has been added in 8.0.0.6. Please enter an RFE to display attributes in the Version Tree. Thank you, -Eleonora

• bregan
    bregan
    2 Posts

‏2013-06-17T12:41:07Z  
    • eludin
    • ‏2013-06-14T21:17:53Z

Thanks Eleonora for your prompt response. I will raise the RFE as requested.

Brian