Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-01-09T23:31:18Z by dalfredson
Tom Larson
Tom Larson
3 Posts

Pinned topic Is it possible to create a recurring event with Record level aggregation

‏2014-01-07T19:08:44Z |

I am trying to create an End of Calendar year recurring event.  When creating a recurring event it sets an Aggregation level automatically to Record Folder.  I would like this to be for the individual Record level.  I need to set document disposition at End of Calendar year + 7 years.  I don't want an entire Folder to be deleted but want the folder to hold documents for several years and only have certain documents destroyed at the end of year based on this recurring event.

• lzhou
    lzhou
    8 Posts

Re: Is it possible to create a recurring event with Record level aggregation

‏2014-01-09T19:55:57Z  

IER does not directly "Calendar Year" right now.

For your use case, you can create a new date type property (for example, "DateCreatedInCalendarYear") in the record class, and set its value based on the calendar year and the record's DateCreated property's value. For example, the calendar year start date is Oct. 1, and the records is created on 9/10/2013, then you set 10/1/2012 in the record's DateCreatedInCalendarYear.

Then you create an internal event with Record Aggregation, and in the disposition schedule, you pick this new property "DateCreatedInCalendarYear" for the Cutoff Base, and in the destroy phase you set the default retention to 7 years.

• dalfredson
    dalfredson
    1 Post

Re: Is it possible to create a recurring event with Record level aggregation

‏2014-01-09T23:31:18Z  

Records are always stored in a volume so having a new volume each year would automatically ensure that records are stored in a volume for each year.  The disposition on the record folder would actually have a Volume level aggregation based on when the volume is closed.  The volume would only be closed when the next years volume is created.  There's no need to create corner cases with additional metadata.  Almost all disposition rules can normally be modelled simply using the date closed model, it just depends on when and how you close them,how you declare them and how you abstract the written disposition rule