Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-27T16:16:12Z by bgdecker
bgdecker
bgdecker
24 Posts

Pinned topic Calling a Web Query report from a web application

‏2013-09-26T17:07:00Z |

The programmers I work with need to know what is necessary to have our clients click on a button, in our aplication, and produce a report. 

• GeneCobb
    GeneCobb
    371 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Calling a Web Query report from a web application

‏2013-09-26T19:18:25Z  
    • bgdecker
    • ‏2013-09-26T18:39:28Z

Gene

Thank you for your quick reply.

I am at Web Query version 2.1.  My problem is my boss, a programmer, asked me, not a programmer but learning Web Query, the question I posted.  Maybe you've addressed this in a past article, or you can direct me to the chapter in Getting Started with DB2 Web Query for i, or some other document.

Brandy

Brandy - What is your (or your boss's) timeline for this? Reason I ask is that that we are putting our finishing touches on our application extension - basically its an abstraction layer that allows you to simply invoke/specify a URL to run a report. So it makes doing this kind of thing quite simple. Its based on the new REST web services implementation - not quite ready yet but we hope to have it out soon.

• GeneCobb
    GeneCobb
    371 Posts

‏2013-09-26T17:57:16Z  

Brandy - Are you at Web Query version 2.1? If so, our Standard Edition has REST based web services interfaces that will support this.

If you are at 1.1.2, you will need the 5733QU4 product (along with 5733QU2 option 4). This is our SOAP based web services layer that allow you to call reports from other applications.

• bgdecker
    bgdecker
    24 Posts

‏2013-09-26T18:39:28Z  

Gene

I am at Web Query version 2.1.  My problem is my boss, a programmer, asked me, not a programmer but learning Web Query, the question I posted.  Maybe you've addressed this in a past article, or you can direct me to the chapter in Getting Started with DB2 Web Query for i, or some other document.

Brandy

• GeneCobb
    GeneCobb
    371 Posts

‏2013-09-26T19:18:25Z  
    • bgdecker
    • ‏2013-09-26T18:39:28Z

Gene

Brandy

Brandy - What is your (or your boss's) timeline for this? Reason I ask is that that we are putting our finishing touches on our application extension - basically its an abstraction layer that allows you to simply invoke/specify a URL to run a report. So it makes doing this kind of thing quite simple. Its based on the new REST web services implementation - not quite ready yet but we hope to have it out soon.

• bgdecker
    bgdecker
    24 Posts

‏2013-09-27T16:16:12Z  
    • GeneCobb
    • ‏2013-09-26T19:18:25Z

Gene

Again, thank you for your quick response.  My boss has decided that we can wait.

Thanks again

Brandy