IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections platform will be sunset on December 31, 2019. On January 1, 2020, this forum will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ.
Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2016-01-26T00:09:49Z by MoizQ
Terry Snider
Terry Snider
8 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic LookupEx not executing

‏2016-01-19T23:08:14Z | lookupex

Has anyone been able to get the LookupEx Field variable to execute? 

I currently have it added to a field with both a Lookup and LookupEx variable.  The Lookup field creates the Hyperlinked Label name for the Field, and executes appropriately.  Once a row is selected from the resulting datagrid, the fields in the flist parameter are successfully populated.  Once I leave the field, tab through it, nothing additional happens or is logged.

LookupEx variable:

<SQL flist='DPSNIB,DPSEmpName,DPSGender,DPSDateOfBirth,DPSDepartmentNumber,DPSDepartmentDesc,DPSJobCode,DPSJobTypeDesc,DPSEmpStatusCode,DPSEmpStatusDesc,DPSCurrentDate,DPSEmpDate' dsn="DSN=DPS;User ID=********;Password=********">SELECT NIBNO,EMPNAME,GENDER,DOB,DEPTNO,DEPTDESC,JOBCODE,JOBTYPDESC,EMPSTATUSCD,EMPSTSTDESC,CURRDATE,EMPDATE FROM FILENET.DPS100V1 WHERE EMPNO LIKE '@@DPSEmpNo@@%'</SQL>

As an FYI, the reason I don't just list ALL the parameters in the original flist is actually another issue with Lookup, which causes an ADOSelectXML error when too much data is returned.

I know I could modify the existing custom Panel, but I would prefer to utilize it this way to be able to leverage the other environments (Web / Navigator) for essentially free.

Any help would be appreciated.

• John Michael Handrop
    438 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: LookupEx not executing

‏2016-01-25T22:47:02Z   in response to Terry Snider

Tabbing does not execute additional Task Profiles. Add your Additional Task profile to execute your code when a user selects the button:

http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21668333

• MoizQ
      MoizQ
      418 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: LookupEx not executing

‏2016-01-26T00:09:49Z   in response to John Michael Handrop

No, the LookupEx variable is unrelated to execution of rules.  It is supported by one or more clients - verifine.aspx at least - to populate fields based on the specified query during tab out.

As for the original issue, I suspect that LookupEx is NOT supported in a thick client and any documentation stating otherwise might be incorrect.  Please open a PMR for investigation if you haven't already.