alt does not require an if. It can be used for a switch-case scenario as well. However, this is only part of the problem. It sounds like you need to show that you could click on any of the following buttons. Then, as a separate issue, what happens if you click on a particular button.

I would diagram at a high level, which button clicks are available using a communication diagram. I would not go into detail on that diagram.
I would then diagram separately, the sequence for each particular button click using either a sequence diagram or a communication diagram depending on which ever makes more sense to me under the current situation.
Scott Fleming

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 10:35 PM, uml <disadmin@us.ibm.com> wrote:
Dear Scott and ant thank you for your help. I know about alt but the problem is there is no if in my sequence these classes should be connected to the actor directly and I don't have any if in my actor! as I said before these are buttons on my form and the actor can click on any button which have their own functions so when I connect my actor to these classes for example "Main Form" an actor have two choice click on save which has the btnSave_Click() function and Cancel button which has the btnCancel_Click() and notice that and actor is directly connected to the "Main Form" class