This post addresses how to report a TPF problem to IBM by using the Service Request (SR) tool in addition to information about problem severity and response time objectives.
Opening a PMR with the SR tool
1. Go to the TPF Support page
2. In the TPF support area, click Open Service Request.
3. In the Service request reporting tools area, click SR and sign in with your IBM ID and password.
4. After you are signed in, click Open a new service request.
5. From your My preferred product/component list, select the component that you want to open a service request for and click Continue.
Note: If your My preferred product/component list is empty or does not contain TPF products, complete the following steps to select the component and add it to your list:
1. In the Entire IBM software product catalog area at the bottom of the page, enter TPF in the search field.
2. Select the product that you are interested in and click Continue.
3. Select the component of the product that you are interested in, select the Add selected product and component to your preferred list check box, and click Continue.
4. If you receive a "Select an agreement" page, select the appropriate agreement and click Continue.
5. Update any required fields in the Contact information area and click Continue.
6. Enter all of the pertinent information regarding the specific problem and click Submit.
Note: As an alternative to FTP, you can send dumps, consoles, and other problem determination information that are less than 2 GB in size as attachments in the service request.
7. You will be notified by e-mail that the PMR has been opened.
Searching for PMRs with the SR tool
From the main IBM Service Request page, you can search for PMRs in one of the following ways:
- To search by service request number, enter the service request number and click the Go icon.
- To generate a list of open and closed PMRs by customer number, specify your customer number and click the Go icon. You also can narrow the search by entering keywords associated with specific PMRs.
You also can search for PMRs from any of the service request pages by clicking Search service requests from the left navigation.
Updating or Closing a PMR with the SR tool
Complete the following steps to update or close a PMR with the SR tool:
1. Use one of the search options to find the PMR that you are interested in and select the PMR from the results of that search.
2. Open the record and make any updates necessary. For example, you can change the business impact and severity, add additional comments, attach files, or close the record.
3. If you are updating the record, click Submit to update the problem record. If you want to close the record, click Request to close this service request.
4. You will be notified when additional feedback is provided by the Support Team.
IBM Response Objectives
For your reference, IBM response objectives are based on the severity of the request. Here are the IBM goals for responding to or acknowledging the problem report:
|1||Critical business impact||Within two business hours|
|2||Significant business impact||Within four business hours|
|3||Some business impact||By the end of the next business day|
|4||Minimal business impact||By the end of the next business day|
Response criteria might vary from country to country
For questions or concerns about the information, send an e-mail to TPFQA@US.IBM.COM