The IBM Tivoli Monitoring Agent for z/TPF V1.1.4 (01.14.00.00) is available for download from the TPF Family Products: Tools web page. This version adds support for dynamic CPU capacity statistics. It also includes changes to the enhanced channel utilization statistics requested in RFE 69069.
APAR PJ44591 added support for continuous data collection to collect dynamic CPU capacity statistics.
This version of the Monitoring Agent for z/TPF includes various enhancements.
Additions were made to the following attribute groups:
- Istream: Added low priority utility utilization and pseudo utilization data
- Processor Totals: Added the I-stream cap attribute.
- System messages: Added a new type, which provides information about low priority ECBs.
- Enhanced Channel Utilization Numeric: This provides the same data as the Enhanced Channel Utilization attribute group but represents numeric data in numeric format. It also filters out inactive channel paths and channel paths whose group value is less than 2. It also fixes a sorting issue based on channel path id.
The new Enhanced Channel Utilization Numeric workspace was added to include this data. This workspace replaces the Enhanced Channel Utilization workspace that presents numeric data in character format. Additionally, the Enhanced Channel Utilization workspace was renamed to Enhanced Channel Utilization(deprecated) to indicate that the workspace is replaced by the Enhanced Channel Utilization Numeric workspace.
Additions and changes were made to the following views:
- Processor Totals: Changed to use the Processor Totals_V7 query. This query includes the I-stream cap attribute.
- Istreams: Changed to use the Istreams_V7 query. This query includes the LPU Util Percent and Pseudo Util Percent attributes.
For more information about the IBM Tivoli Monitoring Agent for z/TPF V1.1.4, including prerequisite information and installation instructions, see the TPF Family Products: Tools web page.