The companies plan to cooperate on Web services and identity management. JBoss's app server will work better with Windows and other Microsoft software.
For more info:
- JBoss and Microsoft Announcement (JBoss press release)
- JBoss-Microsoft partnership announced (ZD Net)
- Taking stock at JBoss (CNet)
- Microsoft, JBoss Hook Up in Unlikely Partnership (IT Jungle)
- Enterprise Unix Roundup: Has JBoss Sold Its Soul? (Server Watch)
- The i-Technology World Goes Interop: Sun-Microsoft / JBoss-Microsoft (SysCon)
- JBoss and Microsoft Outline Interoperability Goals (TSS)
- Marc Fleury in Business Week (my blog)
Let's just hope JBoss doesn't get embraced and extended.