The tools are packaged as Reusable Asset Specifications (RAS) (an OMG standard for what are basically executable templates) for Rational Software Architect (RSA). For more info about RAS, check out Bill's RSA mentoring.
Here are some developerWorks articles with more information:
- "Build J2EE applications with IBM Rational Software Architect Enterprise Patterns"
- "Build ESB connectivity with RSA WebSphere Platform Messaging Patterns"
Here are some related resources that may be helpful:
- IBM Patterns for E-business (developerWorks)
- Patterns: SOA with an Enterprise Service Bus in WebSphere Application Server V6 (Redbook)
- "IBM Patterns for SOA" (ADTmag)
- "IBM publishes enterprise service bus patterns" (Business Review)