While some products (or at least versions) are new, the announcements reiterate some already announced and available products. This latest news focuses more on how the products go together, how it all fits into SOA, and on how IBM clients are achieving success with IBM products and SOA.
WebSphere Application Server V6.1 has been announced, which I'll cover in my next posting.
The next version of WebSphere Portal, version 6.0, has been announced:
- IBM WebSphere Version Portal 6.0: The Face of SOA
- IBM WebSphere Portal Version 6.0 Helps Customers Unlock Potential of Composite Applications (Also see Composite Application.)
- IBM WebSphere Portal Version 6.0 continues to lower the cost of deploying next-generation intranet, Internet and extranet applications
- New IBM WebSphere Portal Version 6.0 features take proven portal benefits to the next level
WebSphere Business Modeler V6.0 announcement: Version 6.0 of the IBM WebSphere Business Modeler family of products provides unrivaled business modeling, simulation, and collaboration capabilities to revolutionize business flexibility. Actually, that's from September 2005, but it was discussed a lot again this month.
WebSphere Business Monitor 6.0 announcement: IBM WebSphere Business Monitor V6.0 delivers real-time business monitoring with metrics, visual displays, and alerts (from September 2005).
WebSphere Commerce V6 announcement: Preview — IBM WebSphere Commerce V6. Again, originally announced in January.
New versions of WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus, WebSphere Process Server and WebSphere Information Server -- 6.0.1, not exactly news for my readers; see WebSphere Business Process Management.
Lots of articles have been published about all this. See:
- IBM Polishes SOA Blitz With AJAX (WebProNews)
- IBM WebSphere Portal 6.0 Addresses Composite Apps (Sys-con)
- IBM announces 31 SOA products, including Ajax portal (SearchWebServices)
- WebSphere Dressed For Distributed Computing (internetnews.com)
- Update: IBM expands SOA product line (Computerworld)
- IBM to expand SOA product line (Techworld)
- IBM touches up WebSphere Application Server and other tools for service-oriented architecture (Technology Marketing Corp)
- IBM Seeks to Enable More SOA Deployments (ebizQ)
- IBM Unleashes a Barrage of SOA Announcements (IT Jungle)
- New IBM Software and Services Help Drive Customer Adoption of Service Oriented Architecture (CRM Today)