Free Trial Version of Web Experience Factory 7.0.1
We recently posted a free trial version of Web Experience Factory 7.0.1 that you can download. This download comes complete with everything you need to try things out, including the Eclipse IDE and the WAS CE (WebSphere Application Server Community Edition) test server.
My recommendation for the simplest way to get up and running is to use the default installation, so that everything's installed and configured automatically, with Eclipse and WAS CE. Later you can switch to running on the Portal server whenever you want. Here's what I'd suggest for getting everything going quickly:
- Run the installer with defaults, so that Eclipse and WAS CE are all installed and configured. You can pick any folder location for the installation.
- Create a new project using WAS CE server as your server, and include the options for Dojo Extension, Mobile, Building Models, and Tutorials. See below for a link to a video of this process.
- Open and run one of the sample models such as samples/gettingstarted/OrdersServiceConsumer, to make sure everything's working. Let the tool start WAS CE when it asks (there's no need to enable the debug mode checkbox).
- Download, import, and run the mobile sample models linked below, to explore the mobile and multi-channel features.
Key links for getting started with the free trial:
- 7.0.1 announcement page with link to free trial download
- Short introductory videos, including one for creating a project using WAS CE
- Mobile samples with accompanying article
Have fun, and remember to use the Web Experience Factory wiki and forums if you need more information or help.
- Jonathan Booth